Woo Hoo

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think that, eventually, he'll find something part time. I've suggested that he take some Master Gardening classes, perhaps some computer classes, join a morning bowling league, volunteer at our cat shelter in town, etc. Plenty of things, if that's what he's looking for.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know he would like me to continue working until I'm 67 (I think that's full SS bennies at that point)
You will come very close to a full SS check. They phased in the 67 for a full check. I turn 63 this coming February and I get a full SS check if i wait until I am 66 years and 4 months old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that, eventually, he'll find something part time. I've suggested that he take some Master Gardening classes, perhaps some computer classes, join a morning bowling league, volunteer at our cat shelter in town, etc. Plenty of things, if that's what he's looking for.
If he enjoys gardening the Master Gardening classes would be great. I am a certified Master Gardener and have never regretted taking the course. The only thing I didn't like was the public speaking I did to get my certification. I spoke at our local PTA meeting and also some garden clubs. I plan on learning how to use my SLR camera better - maybe take some classes but if not that then I will be spending time watching YouTube to learn. :)I am NOT going to sit on the couch and turn into a vegetable! I will now actually have time to get back to things I like doing like painting (landscapes), and cooking.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!
I have like, umm, maybe 7-8 years to go. SO looking forward to the day of finally not waking up at 5:15 am!