Won't stop throwing up

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeLovely79

I just went throught this this past week with one of my cats, she threw up her dry food or spit for 3 days straight. However she won't throw up her wet food. I thinks she's developed an allergy to barley (which I'm guessing explains the bald spots over her eyes) which was in her Wellness dry. I've switched her to Evo dry for breakfast and I'm keeping her on California Natural (I've stopped CS as it also has barley) or raw for her dinner and she's stop vomitting and the hair on her face seems to be growing back (possibly 'cause she's not scratching anymore). Try changing her food and see another vet for a second opinion.
Try a new vet .... WHich RX SD is he on??

hc666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok an update on Mr Jinx... he is now home and is not throwing up after being on Steriod injections for a couple days at the vet... they gave me some Inflamatory Bowel Disease pills and some new food to try and so far so good. Been throw-up free since Thursday.

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is in the same boat...3 weeks ago she started throwing up about 3-5 times a day! She's always kind of been a "chronic" vomiter...she LOVES to eat...and quickly sometimes...and has had constipation problems in the past..of which the kitty lax. has helped....but I don't give it to her daily....maybe i need to start giving it to her again? I brought her in to the vet and she's been on the Prednisone (sp?) now for 2 weeks...and she has not thrown up since...so we are pretty sure she has IBD....but I am not comfortable w/ her being on this medication long term...and am wondering if her food was causing her stomach upsets....she's been on Blue Spa Select indoor formula cat food. Which I had switched over from Iams Hairball formula...both my kitties love this new cat food....which i free feed. I give my kitty recently diagnosed w/ IBD the blue spa select wet food...however I need to find something else...it seems like she only started to vomit more often after using that food.....so perhaps an allergy? The vet didn't think so. Any thoughts on a new wet food to try? I do not want to give her the fancy feast anymore (even tho i know she loves it)...but I am also thinking that the blue spa wet food may not be the best for her either...perhaps something in one of them that didn't agree with her? All I know is that you can go crazy trying to give your cat the best diet...esp when you have two of them and one may need a bit more special care/attention! THought I would pipe in w/ that!
Hope everything works out w/ your baby!