Wondering if my cat has a blockage

macy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great to hear!  I was sort of leaning towards that last night but I didn't want to diagnose and have it turn out to be a bladder issue.  So glad he is doing better and yes please keep us posted on how he is doing!  Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Day

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear he sounds like he is doing better, and that you were able to get him to a vet.  I hope he continues to improve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy2kats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tonight I think he is just exhausted. He is sleeping on my bed but is still breathing with his mouth open sometimes. He has walked around the apartment a couple of times which is more than he has done in days. But I still have not seen him at the litter box today and he would not eat his dinner. I will be keeping a close eye on him but at least I will be able to get some sleep tonight.

Thanks again :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy2kats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry  I have not updated but I took a nasty fall in my bedroom and I have been laying around in bed.

Alex is finally getting better. Thursday he ate his first bowl of wet food in 5 days but no water. Yesterday, he again ate and I managed to coax him into the bathtub to drink but he didn't drink much. Today, he finally went with me into the bathroom and jumped into the tub and drank lots of water. He is still sleeping more than usual and he doesn't quite look great yet, but he is much better.
I told him not to scare me like that again. LOL

Thanks to everyone for your help and for caring.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here is my boy Alex and the rest of my kids: Ginger the big Tabby girl will be 9 next month, Spicey is the Calico/Tiger and my baby, she will be 5 in April, we found her on the street at 6 weeks old.  Sugar, The Monster Kitty,  that is her full name, is the white Calico and she will be 3 in May. Sabastian is the new long haired, black and white kitten, is part Maine Coon and is 4-1/2 months old. And of course Alex, who I found starving to death on the street at about 1 yr old, just turned 4.

My Kitchen. Not for humans anymore :)

Alex

Sabastian

Spicey

Sugar

Ginger

Last edited:

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope that you are feeling better now.
Good to hear that Alex is better also. Beautiful kitties! Your kitchen has food, a window, and sunshine; that means it's a perfect habitat for cats!