Wonderful news! Cheryl (Bellaandme) is awake!!!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That is so awesome
! That really brought tears to my eyes..........We can't wit to have you back Cheryl
! For your quick return home to the little Turtle who is waiting for you!

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<shakes head>

Just when you think you've got a handle on how medicine works, a moggie comes along who breaks all the rules and achieves what shouldn't be possible.

Awesome work Turtle. Take care of your mom.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
that's the best news I've heard in a long time! I can't wait till Bellandme is back in action with her Turtle Dove!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I agree. However, I do see the other end of the arguement too; cleanliness and the potential to affect allergies in other patients.

That being said, I've encouraged people to bring in pets on shifts that I'm working, telling them that I'd turn a blind eye. Many other nurses I know do the same thing.

The hospital I worked at had volunteer dogs that visited patients. They were all so cute with their photo ID tags
I see both aspects of it too. My Grandpa's nursing home had a cat on each floor and some birds as well. They'd wander around visiting people as they saw pleased on their respective floors. I know sometimes there is nothing like your own pet; but still I know that would make me happy to see!! The cat's had an area with a bed and toys too. They were a refreshing sight with so much sadness around them. His nursing home was part of the hospital; just in a big freestanding building next to it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I see both aspects of it too. My Grandpa's nursing home had a cat on each floor and some birds as well. They'd wander around visiting people as they saw pleased on their respective floors. I know sometimes there is nothing like your own pet; but still I know that would make me happy to see!! The cat's had an area with a bed and toys too. They were a refreshing sight with so much sadness around them. His nursing home was part of the hospital; just in a big freestanding building next to it.
My dad's was like this...the cats came wandering in to see me the night I spent at his bedside shortly before he passed.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Checking in and sending loads of "get better fast" vibes to Cheryl

And loads of love to Turtle, who waits for her meowmy to come home soon

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super super news! I am so happy to hear Cheryl is back awake and asking about her Turtle. Best wishes for a continued recovery!