Wonderful afternoon

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, it sounds quite trying!
I hope that she begins to settle a little soon and you find a way to help her through the night!

I have a bedside light that is quite soft that I could bring over on Thursday if you'd like? It's worth a try really!

Maybe you could buy some Felifriend spray to see if that helps you to smell more familiar to her?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little girl
I look forward to hearing about how she is adjusting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the housework is going out of the window - well, except for the cats stuff, mine can wait!! I do try and get new cats on a Fri in case there are settling in probs. if my sis can't bring one over, it woudl be nice of you Sarah - I have been leaving nightlights on, but to no avail. I am also running slightly low on plug sockets!! Oh well.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I finished on here, I went and gave her another stroke - she doesn't seem to enjoy it, but as long as she is on the platform of the activity thing, she will accept it. Then I noticed she hadn't eaten much, so I hand fed her some ham. I think that as she is allowing fusses and eating from me so quickly, a lot of the work has already been done while she is in the rescue, so it shouldn't be that hard to just do that final bit with her. She really hates being on her own though, makes me wonder what she was like when she was left in the cattery. Have managed to get some pics of her - as you can see from one of htem, she now has some cuddly things in there - she has very briefly patted one of them,the one she has her chin on in the other pic.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i ended up taking her out of the cage for a cuddle last night, and fussed her after that - thought I had gone too far with her, but I did the right thing - she wasn't keen when I fussed her on the platform this morning, and she wouldn't stop crying when I came up to feed the others, so I went back down, took her out and gave her a cuddle and talking to, and after that, she started pushing against my finger when I put it through the bar, and I have just had her kneading the blanket and positioning her body for more of a fuss - she still cries pitifully when left though, I need to try and work on that.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, she looks so tiny in the cage!

It sounds like she's making slow but sure progress with the fusses though!
It's a shame how scared she gets when you leave the room though, hopefully a light or something will help her?

How is she when the others are downstairs?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is.

I had nose touches and more purrs this morning after logging off, which is fab. She is still wary when she is on the platform, but on the blanket, she really relaxes and looks like she is having fun. I think it is other cats she misses rather than the light, as she cries during the day, and perks up when seh hears a collar. But sadly mine aren't very sociable, so will have to speak to the rescue later.