Women's World Cup

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone watching the women's World Cup? England have just beaten Cameroon in a bad tempered match.
I'm getting into it cos our men can't win zilch.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only seen a couple of the games but a lot of people who are first-time watchers say it's better than the Men's World Cup, so I want to give it another go, but I'm not really a sports person at all - watching or playing.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only seen a couple of the games but a lot of people who are first-time watchers say it's better than the Men's World Cup, so I want to give it another go, but I'm not really a sports person at all - watching or playing.
I like watching the men as well as the woman.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Way to Go, USA! Well played, Netherlands and USA!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to Go, USA! Well played, Netherlands and USA!
Tremendous pressure from the U.S. all game, Netherlands were on their heels most of the game and couldn't generate much offense. That penalty kick was HUGE, interesting to see how they used replay and I think it was the correct call, then they got that second goal for good measure. Netherland's goalie was tough, without her it could've been 4 or 5-0.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done USA but be careful, you're in danger of being like the male Germany team in winning it all the time.
Seriously, I hope this promotes women's football in general because it was a breath of fresh air. The women played with more passion than the men. I wonder if it's something to do with the levels of pay in that women play more for glory whereas the men can think, "What the heck, we may of lost but I'll just climb in my Lamborghini and drive to my mansion."

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That may change at least in the U.S. The women's team are suing for equal pay, equal benefits and equal training facilities and staff.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know how much women are paid?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Using the last available figures, the women's tournament generated 73 million USD, of which 13 percent was distributed to the team's. The men's tournament generated over 4 billion USD in revenue, of which 9 percent was distributed to the teams.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her disrespect for the American flag and National Anthem is deplorable.
I must have missed what you refer to. I didn't see the beginning or end of the match. What did she do?