Women only question

kittenkatbar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't even gotten mine yet, I'm 13..... but I've had PMS-ish things about the times I would be getting my period for at least a year..... but no blood.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my early-mid 40's my periods got a bit longer with severe boob pain(like no one better touch them) I had to wear a bra to bed. Sometimes they would last 8-9 days!! But within the last year I have not really had much problems with cramps (thank god) or painfull boobs. The length is varying too with mainly a shorter period 4 days?? And it starts heavy right away-esp the 1st two days. I have notice also that I seem more tired those 1st couple three days. Since I will be hitting the big 50 in a few months I think maybe I'm running out of eggs.
(and I have special underwear too)

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I have no shame when it comes to these issues. When I first started my period my Mom baked me a red velvet cake and had a party with red balloons to celebrate me becoming a woman.
You've got a great mother!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have noticed
Its not a bad thing, but strange that it is changing
Does this mean we are getting closer and closer to menopause when it stops altogether??
I'm going to a menopause meeting tonight. (I'm not kidding. My "Mothers and More" group is having a speaker come to talk about the subject.) I'll ask if shorter periods, means the end is near. But I don't think you young things have to worry about that any time soon.
I'm 45, and mine are definitely lighter and shorter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I'm going to a menopause meeting tonight. (I'm not kidding. My "Mothers and More" group is having a speaker come to talk about the subject.) I'll ask if shorter periods, means the end is near. But I don't think you young things have to worry about that any time soon.
I'm 45, and mine are definitely lighter and shorter.
Thanks! I'd love that info!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have periods lasting 4-6 days. However, I have killer cramps. Like double over in pain. But I'm afraid to take BC again because of some problematic side effects. I basically can do nothing for the 1st two days of my period.
Anybody wanna trade?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started two months after I turned 11...and except for one awful month when my period lasted 2 whole weeks!!!....they were always 7 days straight! No spotting...no light days...7 full days of period.

However, I too will be 50 in a few months, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...and my periods stopped about 5 years ago...I guess I stopped early compared to lots of you ladies on here....my egg-laying days are over...thank goodness! Mine didn't get lighter at all though...but that's just me, I think all women are different.

Cheryl...it'll be great to find out whatever you can for our friends here...thanks for doing that!

One thing that I will share that I've noticed about myself....I'm not having to shave my legs as often as I used to!...it just grows sooooo slowly! I'm serious...I shave maybe once a month! That part is great...but...plucking my eyebrows!! OMGoodness! That's unbelieveable! they grow sooo quickly!

Hilda>^..^<

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only shave about once every three months and you can barely tell. I have very slow growing hiar on my legs and superfast on my head. I think it's cuz I didn't shave them a lot growing up, my sister on the other hand has to shave about every other day!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine got shorter the longer I was on birth control pills. Now it's gotten longer and the cramps are worse, but my doctor says that's from fibroids.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In august, it will be a Decade that i had my period! now i feel so so so super old!

But yes, i have noticed that they are shorter and Lighter.. does that mean my eggs are also running out?? Do i need to already start making babies?

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'll try to remember the highlights from my meeting last night. According to the Dr (she's a chiropracter and also specializes in nutrional herbs and supplement):

You will never run out of eggs. The hundreds of thousands you have you've had since you were born, and you'll never use them all, but they will stop being released.

Its not considered menopause until one year after your last period. Periods often become irregular before then, but use birth control until that year is over or else...

She does not like hormone replacement therapy. THere's a huge list of adverse affects:
increase breast and endometrial cancer
great increase in heart attacks
high blood pressure
osteoporosis
weight gain
blood clots
depression, stroke, Lupus
Is that enough?
She gives her patients, oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC), soy, wild yams, black cohosh, dong quai, and valerian root. But check with your doctors cause some of those things can have contraindications.

Eat non-acidifying food-raw fruits and veggies, whole grains
Avoid fast foods, processed foods, white sugar, hard fats---

Exercise!
Avoid caffeine (Sorry coffee drinkers)

OH yeah, one of the symptoms of menopause is reduction in breast size--
So unfair.

There's other depressing stuff too, but I think that's enough for one post.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well that will put me back to flat chested
I didn't get boobs til I quit smoking and put on 20lbs...now when I hit meno I'll lose that...what a rip...but the good thing is I won't have the pain in the gut period any more...whooohhhoooo....I had a tubal 14 yrs ago so pregnancy isn't a worry - so tell my why do I still get the monthly curse???
We were talking at work today - the evolution of the pad...lmao...from the belted huge thick pad to todays tampons....when I started it was with the mattress on a belt...lmao