Women only Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw the NP last week, the only thing she could think of was hormonal changes. All my tests came out negative including for yeast, bacteria, etc and blood work.
She wrote me a prescription for Desogen. Trying to lower my progesterone levels. They want me to try that before seeing a doctor. I hope it works, because 2-3 weeks is an awfully long time to wait with discomfort.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At this point I would try the natural yoghurt diet (one like Activia). Yoghurt has natural bacteria in it that supposedly eats yeast type organisms. I have read that inserting certain (check out what types, probably from a health food store) yoghurts in the "said" area can help. Could be gross but maybe worth a try. I just googled this for you and came up with this site full of interesting natural solutions!
http://www.msu.edu/~eisthen/yeast/yourself.html
Yet another use for garlic, hee hee. Great way to ward off either a lover or a vampire. Check out this site, despite my garlic joke. The writer seems very genuine and seems to have some experience with the matter. Plus she provides some tips on what NOT to try.

Also, eliminating all potential sanitary, toilet paper, underwear (wear only cotton) products could be worth a try. Do they sell unbleached toilet paper in the health food stores?

If you are with a partner perhaps avoiding "relations" in that area for a few weeks could help get things back to normal. Sorry to get personal on this, but it can worsen a yeast infection so I'm sure it could worsen your symptoms as well.