Woman goes on hunger strike until Sanjaya leaves AI

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

They had something on Fox news last night about who was voting for him. There are campaigns on different sites and radio stations to vote for him cause he's bad and they want to mess up AI. I've never watched it regularly, but have seen it a few times this year while waiting for House to come on. Sanjaya should definitely be gone, and I agree that the judges should never have let him get to the stage where America votes.

So who do you think should win, Rob?

(have to admit I kinda liked the poor guy that got kicked off last night. He had a great personality.)
Oh I missed that report on Fox. I was going to DVR it while we were watching Lost, but I forgot
So they only mentioned websites and radio stations? The main one is www.votefortheworst.com They had Taylor on it last year, and really it backfired because he wasn't the worst.

We're rooting for Blake to win and honestly once he leaves, if he leaves before getting to the Final 2, that's it, we're not watching. We'll see who won on the news.

I liked Chris more in the beginning. I still think he has a great voice and personality but for the last few weeks he was having tempo issues (like Tuesday night) or buthering arrangements and I just wasn't impressed.

This reminds me I gotta put my Elliott CD in the car..it's got cat prints all over it. *lol*

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Even if this was on in Britain I wouldn't watch but thanks for the heads up on this
It is on in Britain - Friday night on ITV2 at 8.30pm
Also repeated on ITV1.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never seen the American Idol show, but I just watched a few of his video's, and I think he's adorable. I don't know why everyone thinks he's so awful. I really enjoyed him singing the Kinks song, "You Really Got Me". He's got SOMETHING. I think he has Star Quality. No, he may not be THE BEST singer in the world, but he's very good as far as I'm concerned. I hope he wins.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he has a terrible voice

He completely ruined the Gwen Stefani song the other night, and he forgot the words!!! You cant be an American Idol if you're forgetting the words at this stage of the competition. I believe he is still there because America thinks its funny to have someone so bad in the competition.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know the Gwen Stefani song, but what I've heard of HER I could live without. She can't really sing as far as I'm concerned. I could tell that he messed up on some words on that song, but I was pretty impressed with The Kinks song. A lot of big rock superstars, aren't really that great singers, but they have SOMETHING. Gwen Stefani would probably never win American Idol if she were just starting out on there, because she really isn't anything special vocally. She has a "look" and a style about her that makes her a super star. I think this kid has that quality as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I don't know the Gwen Stefani song, but what I've heard of HER I could live without. She can't really sing as far as I'm concerned. I could tell that he messed up on some words on that song, but I was pretty impressed with The Kinks song. A lot of big rock superstars, aren't really that great singers, but they have SOMETHING. Gwen Stefani would probably never win American Idol if she were just starting out on there, because she really isn't anything special vocally. She has a "look" and a style about her that makes her a super star. I think this kid has that quality as well.
Most celebrities that they've had on I've watched and thought "If that was a contestant, the judging would not be good". I thought Dianna Ross was particularly bad actually this year.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only American Idol winner that I have been impressed with is Kelly Clarkson. Now, she can sing! Like I said, I never watched the show, but I have been watching the American Idol Rewind, and they are showing the season where Kelly Clarkson was on. She can sing and she has the Style.

Non of the other American Idol winners have done anything for me. It's beyond me how that Clay Aiken has become such a big star. I guess his voice is OK, but the site of him is enough to turn a person off. I think the type of music he sings is boring, and jeez I just can get past the sight of him. How are there "Clay-Mates" out there swooning over him? I just don't get it.

I would MUCH rather listen and WATCH this Sanjaya kid perform than Clay Aiken. Clay Aiken looks like that guy from Saturday Night Live, I forget his name, but he was in those Marriage movies with Steve Martin. He played the person who set up the wedding.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

The only American Idol winner that I have been impressed with is Kelly Clarkson. Now, she can sing! Like I said, I never watched the show, but I have been watching the American Idol Rewind, and they are showing the season where Kelly Clarkson was on. She can sing and she has the Style.

Non of the other American Idol winners have done anything for me. It's beyond me how that Clay Aiken has become such a big star. I guess his voice is OK, but the site of him is enough to turn a person off. I think the type of music he sings is boring, and jeez I just can get past the sight of him. How are there "Clay-Mates" out there swooning over him? I just don't get it.

I would MUCH rather listen and WATCH this Sanjaya kid perform than Clay Aiken. Clay Aiken looks like that guy from Saturday Night Live, I forget his name, but he was in those Marriage movies with Steve Martin. He played the person who set up the wedding.
Clay Aiken can sing circles around Sanjaya, and I can't get past the sight of Sanjaya especially with the stupid hair do. And does boring mean you can understand the words? I have a feeling I'm much older than you.

Originally Posted by Duchess15

I don't know why she is even doing it. No one will care that she isn't eating!
At least not enough to affect the show. It's not going to change how and why people vote.
I hope she has plenty of weight to lose.