wobbling and twitching

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spotkt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got her back home. The vet said that it's ok for us to take her back so she can be with her kittens. The sad part is that now she's acting like a stoned chicken. She has tremers all through he body and her head is flying in every direction physically possible, as if she can't control it. She has a bit of a blank stare as if she's blind, but thankfully she just looks blind and really isn't. She can't walk, or maybe she can, but with her random twitching I wouldn't want to risk it. Now I have to take her to her food, water, and litter box ever hour. I don't mind, I'm just happy she's still with me. She's going to go back to the vet tomorrow because he still doesn't know what's wrong with her. Oh, and what happened to Mikko, if you don't mind me asking.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty's state at the moment. You are obviously doing a very good job with her for the vet to allow you to take her home. Just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing - well done you it's a huge job and you seem to be handling it beautifully!

Please keep us posted as to how she's going.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spotkt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I took her back to the vet yesterday. He still didn't really know what was wrong, but he said that he talked to a friend of his who's a neurologist. His friend said that sometimes the nervous system screws up for no apperent reason, and that if in fact it has something to do with her nervous system, she might be wobbling like that for the rest of her life. I was happy to know that at least it wasn't some deadly disease because I can deal with a slightly screwy cat, I can't deal with a dead one though. I let her rest for the rest of the day. She was eating, drinking, feeding the kittens, going to the litter box, etc., but she was still a little wobbly so I had to hold her steady sometimes. Today she is looking much better. She tried to run without falling and has succeeded, much to our surprise. I hope she will keep improving. Thank you all for supporting me through this, you guys are really great!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might not be a good idea to allow her to nurse her kittens since you don't know for sure what is going on (if it's a toxin then it can pass through her milk, though they probably checked pretty thoroughly for that). But nursing takes so much out of a mother - way more than even pregnancy - and it might be more important that she concentrate all her reserves on healing her own body.

Since the kittens were able to nurse for a few days, their chances of thriving with bottle feeding are excellent.