wives, would it bother you if your husband..

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time the SO stayed out until 5:30AM, and he didn't call.
I was upset.

I told him that if he ever does that again, I'm going to prop a chair under the doorknob to keep him out, and he'll have to call and get an ear full to be let back in.

I'm sure he would not like if I were the one staying out without calling.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright he would be buying me more than flippin flowers!! I would expect alot after something like that... The last time someone pulled that BS on me, I put a gallon of water on the doorstep so it would freeze and he would slip, I put butter on the doornob so he couldn't open in, and threw his clothes in the lawn. When he finally got inside the house he told me "IM SORRY I LOVE YOU AND ILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. He then puked everywhere. It was payday, I got into his wallet took his paycheck and cashed it and spent the whole thing. When he woke up I told him " IM SORRY, I LOVE YOU AND ILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN" Seems like every man says those exact three things when they do something wrong... GRRR!

My DH tries to pull that crap with me all the time, he goes out gets drunk, then recently he's been trying to tell me "WELL I DONT KNOW IF IM GONNA MAKE IT HOME" And I tell him he better if he knows whats good for him! Then he tells me "WELL MY FRIENDS WILL MAKE ME STAY OUT" and I say you're a fully grown man who has the ability to make his own choices! With 3 kids you should have the car ALL the time! When he wants to go out, take him there and drop him off! Give him a couple bucks for a taxi!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm speaking as guy,
If he was going to drink tha tmuch, he should have called you to come get him.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between B and I our concern foremost is safety. As long as one of us shows up before 11 AM the next day after a night of partying, we don't get too concerned about lack of phone calls...but that's just us. Phone calls are appreciated but not too necessary.

If he says he's going to call on the other hand and doesn't, then it doesn't bother me...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He should have stopped at home and had her take him over to the friend's house, or had a friend follow and drive him over after he dropped the car off. As others have said, leaving someone home with the kids and no car is bad.

And I would worry if my husband did that too, worry that he might have tried to drive home anyways and could have wrecked. A phone call only takes a couple of minutes.

Were I in the original poster's situation - My DH would be in the ER getting a shoe removed from you know where.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i never had that happen when i was married to my x husband, but the guy i dated before i met hammy did it all the time. first it started out only on the weekends then it happened during the week. Needless to say i left him and moved two counties away.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'd be mad. My husband doesn't do that kind of stuff, but I had a few ex-bfs that did. It's called a phone - learn how to use it. Plus, if there was a party, I'd want to be invited!