Wits End 9 Month Old Coiokie Weekly Litter Box Problems

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some of you have seen my periodic posts bout Cookie and her litter box problems. She is now nine months old, and I am hoping to find out why she periodically (1 per week - sometimes twoce or three times a week)

I have some thoughts about what might be causing this.
1. She is skittish; does nto run and hide, but does often jump back a few feet.
2. Sometimes I use a clorox wipe to blean spots off the inside of the litter box, but I dry the spot. Maybbe she smells it still.
3. One box is next to the TV and Stereo. Maybe it is on too lone and ifI did not watch TV so much, she might be better. She does use the box most of the time and the other one up stairs.
4. She has gone in front of my, of near to me and does not run away. I puck her up and put her by a box.
5. Then she uses the box for up to another week and then another accident.
6. She only urinates outside the box.
7. What if I am stressed. I am not violent, live alone with Cookie and another kitten.
8. I have never hit her or the other cat.
9. Medical work has been extensive and negative.
10. She does have herpes and her eye does not seem to be completely healing. The vet does not really know what do do.

I am thinking it has something to do with the other cat, but why only a couplf of tiems a week.

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your post is a little tough to read, so can't comment on what seems to be a litter box problem.

As far as eyes [herpes], I've been unfortunate to have all my cats suffer from herpes. My first boy was the worst
His eyes constantly oozed, less or more, over his entire life. My 2 siblings I adopted 4 months ago also have the same problem, but I'm able to control it much better, to a point where their eyes look normal 95% of the time. I use l-lysine powder, made by Viralys. I give each 500mg [2 full scoops] each AM in their food, sprinkled over sauce or directly on wet food. They do not even realize it's there, eating the food without any issues. As you probably know, the worst part about giving any medicine to cats is that they do not want it... at all, ever... so this powder has been a life saver. Gel, chews made by same company are not liked here - cats refused to touch them.

hope this helps.

viralys powder, 100g