Witch Bottle Pictures (a lot of pictures)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
And here are just some bottles on my desk:

Keep in mind that these labels are supposed to look old and the bottles are supposed to look like they've been used. So the labels are stained. In some cases, very stained. But I worked to make them that way.

Thanks for looking!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering what you were talking about in the other topic and now i realise lol

It looks kool

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cool, but I admit I was thrown off by title. I am bottle raising and tired and I made that out to be which bottle, pics
as in which bottle to use, pictures enclosed. Actually I like this idea. Being I LOVE black cats that would be cool year round

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very Halloweeny
I wonder where and how you got so many bottles and jars, there are more than I thought.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get an award for most festive.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a pretty big display! Looks like it took a lot of time and effort. Great job, I like it, very cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys!

It's a lot of work, but not difficult to do. And I enjoy making them. One of my GFs want to try to sell them for me, but I'm just making them for the fun of it. I would like to make a nice witch's potion book....I really don't like the one I made, but I'm not very "crafty". Maybe I can make a different one for next year.

I started savings all glass bottles and jars. From BBQ bottles, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, relishes and pickles, all kinds of condiments, salsa, wine bottles, etc. Some of my friends started saving jars for me, too, so I have a nice assortment in the basement. I save my wine corks, too, because I can cut them down to fit other bottles. I stain some of the corks to make them "older".

I'll do about a dozen more next year to add to the collection. And I'd like to make some different labels as I can see that I went a little overboard with some of the stains. Some of the ingredients I can keep from year to year, but others, like the ones from actual food, I have to discard at the end of the season.

I'll keep the display up at work for the month of October, then take it down. And maybe by next year, Mollipop will have grown out of her "Hey, Mom, what's that? I must check it out!" stage and I'll be able to have a display at home again. I didn't keep any at home because she's still way too inquisitive about things.

Glad you like them! Thanks!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is soooo pretty and neat looking. If you ever need glass jars let me know Ive got a million of random jars under my sink and in bags because we cant burn them. That is a really really really pretty display...