Wish Us Luck Tonight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We just went to The Home Depot and picked up a cheapy ($30) wood framed screen door. Just a basic wood frame, a divider in the middle (horizontally), and screen. Since we knew it was going to be pretty temporary, we just attached it with a hook and eye latch on each side of the door (it wasn't perfect, and we did have to be careful how we closed it so it was tight to the door, but it worked.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw Trent and Ginger within about 1-1/2 feet of each other at lunch.
Ophelia is still growl-y, but she's OK when Ginger isn't right in front of her.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is very positive news Heidi & you now have Ginger as your bathroom companion.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds as though you're making grest progess.
It will just take time for everyone to settle into the new routine. My cats have been together a long time (the youngest is four years old) and they still have their little squables.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is sounding very positive -- especially given that it's less than a week since Ginger arrived.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Trent and Ginger are going to be fast friends.
They are already almost always in the same room. Of course, that could be because they both follow Meowmy everywhere.

I think Ophelia is getting a little tiny bit better about Ginger. Tuesday night she hid and wouldn't even come upstairs. Wednesday morning she did the same. By Wednesday afternoon she was at least on top of the headboard armoir. Today she spent most of the day up there, and when she was snuggling with Daddy on the bed and Ginger jumped on the bed, Ophelia didn't immediately growl and go into attack mode. I just want to make sure Ophelia is eating and drinking enough...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I think Trent and Ginger are going to be fast friends.
They are already almost always in the same room. Of course, that could be because they both follow Meowmy everywhere.

I think Ophelia is getting a little tiny bit better about Ginger. Tuesday night she hid and wouldn't even come upstairs. Wednesday morning she did the same. By Wednesday afternoon she was at least on top of the headboard armoir. Today she spent most of the day up there, and when she was snuggling with Daddy on the bed and Ginger jumped on the bed, Ophelia didn't immediately growl and go into attack mode. I just want to make sure Ophelia is eating and drinking enough...
well, & wouldn't Ophelia prefer it if they both pretty much just left her alone? i kinda got that sense from some of your other posts. i know when i got Java, i think Pixel was relieved that Cable had another kitten to play with instead of constantly bugging her. now that everyone's an adult, Pixel likes snuggling with Cable [most times - sometimes Cable will bite, tho!].

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking for an update on Ginger, Ophelia and Trent ...... are they adjusted yet? Has Ophelia warmed up to sweet Ginger ? What about pics !!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're actually taking a step back. OK, back to square one. Ginger is back to being confined to the computer room, and it seems to be the best decision we've made thus far in the intro process. We just plain went to fast. Trent and Ophelia are getting back to their normal selves, Ginger seems to be much more calm and has lost all aggression that she was showing, and Earl and I aren't as stressed either. So, we're taking it really slow this time, as much as Ginger protests being kept in one room.

I have new photos of all three of them that I just need to download to the computer. I'll try to do that soon.

Thanks for asking, Pam!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well that happens ....slow is good, too. I always choose the cautious route when it comes to my cats. I always find it miraculous in someway when people just put their cats together and they automatically bond. Slow is usually much better for everyone involved, IMO and as the cats bond to each other on their own terms, its usually smoother and less stressful for the kitties. I cant wait to see new pics !!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sending calm, peaceful vibes to Ginger, Trent and Ophelia with warm fuzzys to you Heidi.

Kitties sure have minds of their own.

Looking forward to the latest pictures.