Wish 'my' Kitties The Best

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Obsessively watching the Cats Can web site for today's display of cats/kittens at the local PetSmart. I had some work to do on the computer, so I just kept one of my multiple windows open to the site. Even so, that's pretty sad, huh?

They had 123 cats up for adoption - I don't know how many are actually brought to the pet store location - certainly not more than a couple of dozen, I am guessing. So, by close of the adoption session today, there are now 105 cats available for adoption. So, that means they were able to adopt out 18 - via in person or on line, I guess.

I think maybe 2 of the remaining crew of 6 that I helped with were adopted - as far as I can tell. Neither of them were one of Mia's two biological babies. They pretty quickly remove cats from the 'available' listing, and once they can appropriately refresh/update the site, those that were adopted should show up on their 'Success" list. There is always tomorrow for more to get adopted.

In the meantime I am just whining because I couldn't bring myself to go see them between their spaying/neutering (Wed) and today. I am a weenie!! I knew I also couldn't go see them at the store, because when Beba was put up for adoption, I cried at seeing her and had to get away from the people who were looking at cats (they certainly didn't need to see a babbling idiot crying over one of the cats!).

Oh, crap the count is back up to 107!! Some adoption(s) fell through. See - told you I was obsessed!! :crash:

The ('my') saga will continue tomorrow...

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like 3 of the kittens are now adopted.

Mia and her two biological babies (Bebo/Xavier, Milo/Jayden), as well as the other black and white kitty (Pippin/Connor) are together and back home.

I am guessing at this point that the cat lady was wrong in who she identified as the ones with the incorrect gender, since nothing has been updated on the Cats Can website. So, as far as I know we are back to the original - Mia had two boys.

At least Mia is not alone yet. That will be my biggest worry as soon as all the kittens get adopted. The good thing is that when she is the only one left, the cat rescue lady will let her out of their one-room-home to roam about the house when she is there. She has already done this with Mia in the past - just to give her a break from the kittens. She said Mia is so well behaved when she had done this. No surprise to me - Mia is a marvelous sweet gentle cat who after all of this deserves a wonderful new forever home.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And still 4 remain... (There are currently 147 cats up for adoption at just this one little rescue center!!)

Here are 'my' sweethearts that still have yet to find their homes. The kittens are now right around 3 months old. (Mia the mama, Bebo/Xavier, Milo/Jayden, and Pippin/Connor.)

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now, there are over 180 cats up for adoption in this one tiny cat rescue/PetSmart arrangement. Holy crap! Mia and the remaining 3 mini-cats (that's my new description for them - kittens in play, but miniature cats in looks - they are between 3 & 4 months old) are still not adopted. :(

The good thing is, I guess, they have no issues with carriers and cars - given how often they are being transported between the foster's to/from PetSmart!!

So depressing, but I have to remember they are healthy and happy and have a home until they are adopted. There are so many other situations on the TCS site alone that should remind me these mini-cats and their mom have it good.

Mia, Bebo/Xavier, Milo/Jayden, & Pippin/Connor. Love you all. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Attachments

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And, then there were three - just got notice that Milo/Jayden has been adopted. The day is not over yet - I so wish the other 3 would get adopted today as well, but probably not...

As much as I don't want to see Mia alone, I kind of wish the remaining two mini-cats would be adopted at the same time - just because one kitten left alone with no other playmates is going to annoy the crap out of Mia!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After all this time, Mia (the mama) was adopted this past weekend - and then returned because one of the kids had an allergic reaction.

And, it gets worse - after Milo/Jayden was adopted 6/30, he is being returned to the foster this weekend - his adopters said he is tearing up their house.

So, here we are: 3 of the 6 kittens are still in foster along with Mia. The kittens are now over 5 months old. :(

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Such disappointment for all of you. Milo must be beyond relieved to get away from a household that clearly didn't understand the needs of growing kittens. I also feel for Mia's failed adoption; the allergic child was probably not only terribly disappointed that they cannot have a cat of their own, if there are siblings, the other kids will blame the allergic child for their having to give up their pet.
I have a number of kitties with me who were not adopted. Because we have a large yard, I preferred to adopt selectively. One petite Persian mix, Bunny, has beautiful, incredibly silky fur and an extremely sweet and gentle personality - she would have been a delight for nice little girls; alas, the few adopters chose other kittie. At least Bunny is here with her twin Coco and she is safe with me. I did so want for Bunny to be an inside cat, though, with gentle children who could give her loads of attention.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know it is better that Milo not be with people who don't know how to take care of a kitten. And, I feel bad for the next one they adopt as well - because I am sure they will.

But, this foster just can't say no to kittens that are dumped off at her door, so she has taken in 4 more kittens - on top of Mia and the three 5-month olds. I don't know how she is going to manage this - she also has another house that is full of sick cats that she tends to. I don't know how she does it, but tbh, it really isn't good for all these cats either. She just got done accepting financial responsibility for a stray cat that was hit by a car - another crummy neighbor brought him to her door, knowing full well she can't say no.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:argh: Once again, it's a matter of only one person doing the job that the whole community should be helping with. I will pray that the good-hearted lady stays in good health and that Heaven sends her some help :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
It is so difficult to predict how adoptions will go. I helped my friend adopt 2 kittens to replace her cat who died last winter. My friend is using an air horn (like they use at football games) to discipline the kittens instead of truly kitten proofing her home. To overcompensate, she holds the kittens for their naps and then resents it that she has to stay in her chair and is unable to do anything else. She has a large, roofed, zip-up playpen for them. She uses only a small wand teaser so they don't get a full workout. Now the male has started trying to suckle on his sister & they are 4 months old - I tried telling her that is a sign of insecurity but now she is ghosting me. I wonder about those kittens' well-being everyday.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My friend is using an air horn (like they use at football games) to discipline the kittens instead of truly kitten proofing her home. To overcompensate, she holds the kittens for their naps and then resents it that she has to stay in her chair and is unable to do anything else. She has a large, roofed, zip-up playpen for them. She uses only a small wand teaser so they don't get a full workout. Now the male has started trying to suckle on his sister & they are 4 months old - I tried telling her that is a sign of insecurity but now she is ghosting me. I wonder about those kittens' well-being everyday.
That is very sad - and very disappointing to you, I am sure. :sigh:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
UPDATE:

Milo-Jayden who was being returned by his adopter is still with her! She cried when she was bringing him back and had a change of heart!! The rescue center gave her some (badly needed, apparently) tips on how to help with his 'kitten' behavior.

Bebo-Xavier was adopted yesterday!! I hope there are no hiccups in that adoption!

Mia, who has picked up some weight in the past couple of months - is with a 'foster to adopt'. A woman who has no other pets picked her out of 60 cats that were at PetSmart, but wants to see if they will get along well before completely committing. Round 2 for Mia, but hopefully the final round to a forever home as well!

Pippin-Connor now stands alone of the family of 7, but at least he has some new buddies to play with while he awaits his turn!

More recent pics of Mia, Bebo and Pippin!!
20190906 Mia.jpg

20190906 Bebo-Xavier.jpg

20190906 Connor.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, there are over 180 cats up for adoption in this one tiny cat rescue/PetSmart arrangement. Holy crap! Mia and the remaining 3 mini-cats (that's my new description for them - kittens in play, but miniature cats in looks - they are between 3 & 4 months old) are still not adopted. :(

The good thing is, I guess, they have no issues with carriers and cars - given how often they are being transported between the foster's to/from PetSmart!!

So depressing, but I have to remember they are healthy and happy and have a home until they are adopted. There are so many other situations on the TCS site alone that should remind me these mini-cats and their mom have it good.

Mia, Bebo/Xavier, Milo/Jayden, & Pippin/Connor. Love you all. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:
I HOPE all the kitties get FOR EVER homes:):goodluck::vibes::yeah::petcat::catman::catrub::crossfingers:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Team Mia!! :thumbsup: :banana1::happycat:

Pippin is such a handsome young lad!! I love all the white in his markings - he looks like a very chill personality, as in more interested in partying than in drama. Prayers and vibes that he gets his Heaven sent family soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
he looks like a very chill personality, as in more interested in partying than in drama.
Chill - LOL! He was the most 'wild' of all the kittens, and definitely a partyer. I saw him as maybe needing the most 'training' of them all - maybe that why he hasn't been adopted yet? He needs to find someone who wants to deal with his 'zest'!