Wish me luck..

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm taking Oz to the vet for his booster jab this morning, which may be quite routine. But last time he was in the cat carrier was last July when my son brought him from his local rescue centre, and on the 2 hour drive he messed in the carrier, and got in a right mess.

It's only a short run to the vets, but if it upsets him, because he thinks he's off to goodness knows where, he might mess again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and thought if your thoughts were with us he might be OK.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Oz, you are just like Tibby!

I am sending good travelling }}}VIBES{{{ to you! I hope it goes well!

Just a thought, if you go to Pets at Home at the Greyhound Retail Park (or is that Genesis now??!!) You can pick up some Travel Ease tablets for him. They are herbal and ginger and they seem to work well for Tibby! (he was a horror in the car, bless him!) You give him the appropriate amount for his weight, 15 minutes before you leave! (I also keep Tibby away from food for an hour or so before we have to leave!)

Good Luck!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending Ozzy lots of good vibes!
Hope he doesn't get upset. My Wawa peed the first time he got in the carrier and never after that. I guess he had "first travel" jitters. Maybe it will be the same with Ozzy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was quick wasn't it, we're back, and he was a very good boy. The vet was quick and didn't give him chance to get stressed, he was injected, wormed, temperature taken, chest listened to and tummy felt so quick he hardly had chance to think "where are we".

He's now going around rubbing his neck on the corners of the walls purring, at least he now knows the box doesn't mean he's going away.

Next trip will be for a long weekend at a cattery when my doughter gets married, I might try those travel tablets, maybe they'll calm him till he settles.

So you know my local shop do you? It's funny when there's people from across the world on this site and we're quite near to each other.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww poor Oz!

I'm taking Sophie in the next hour to get her 6 month post spay checkup but my vets is less than 5 minutes by car.

The carriers out and both of them are wondering WHY???????????

Good luck with Oz

Ooops that was quick!!
pleased it went well, now i just have to get mine over with!.

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope yours goes as well as mine, I'll be thinking about you.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oz'sMum

So you know my local shop do you? It's funny when there's people from across the world on this site and we're quite near to each other.
Yes, I do!

I am originally from the Wirral and went to college in Blacon! So when I'm back there, I spend a lot of time in Chester! (loads of friends there!)
If you check out my tour on the vacation thread, you can see where I took everyone!

What part of Chester are you from?

I am pleased that Oz's trip went well and he's back spreading his scent!

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Yes, I do!

I am originally from the Wirral and went to college in Blacon! So when I'm back there, I spend a lot of time in Chester! (loads of friends there!)
If you check out my tour on the vacation thread, you can see where I took everyone!

What part of Chester are you from?

I am pleased that Oz's trip went well and he's back spreading his scent!
I grew up in Wallasey, till I was 13. I now live in Blacon. Did you know the college has been knocked down and is now the regional police station? I'll look on the vacation thread, I haven't really looked at that one cos it's so long and my computer takes ages to load each page. (One day I'll be able to afford a faster one).

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oz'sMum

I grew up in Wallasey, till I was 13. I now live in Blacon. Did you know the college has been knocked down and is now the regional police station? I'll look on the vacation thread, I haven't really looked at that one cos it's so long and my computer takes ages to load each page. (One day I'll be able to afford a faster one).
It is certainly a small world!

I was in the last year at the college
We heard that the Police were going to take it, but I didn't know they were going to knock it down until I drove past one day to show a friend

and the tutors wanted us to keep paint off the floors as they though the Police would just do it up

Did you see how people smashed all the windows and burnt it?
Such a sad thing

Do you live near the Crem? or further down towards the village?

Gosh, and Wallasey! I used to spend a lot of time there!! It is a shame that the fair was closed down!

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did hear the police wanted to use the same building, till it got burned out by vandals. It was unsafe to use it, so had to build from scratch. They're now building a new block for cells on the field between the main building and the canal.

Did you know the Lord Byron pub has also been knocked down? there's either sheltered flats or an old peoples home being built, there are different stories, I guess we'll find out in due course.

We live on the Redrow estate, off poets corner. Bought the house when it was newly built, 20 yrs ago.

The college used to be a middle school, and my son went there for a year, around 1983, till it closed to become the art college. A woman I used to work with, her son went to the art college for a while, he'd be around 30 now.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, so we did need to keep the floors clean!
Shame it was burnt though, as it was perfectly good!

Cells on the football field! That'll certainly be a bit strange, don't you think?!
I thought it must have been a Middle School or something for a while! I was always slightly confused that my studio was obviously a sprots hall!

I didn't realise the Lord Byron had gone? Everything changes when you leave for a while!
I suppose it has gone to a good cause though!

Ah, I think I know where you live, I have driven past on occasion! Can't visualise it though! Been too long, I think!

What do you think about all the developments?