Wish me luck please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I didn't get the job, but can't say I didn't try. They are going to keep my application on file, but they went with a more qualified person. My luck to out of work in a state with 5,000 people unemployed........

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't get discouraged! I was going to 3-6 interviews a week for almost 3 months before I finally landed this job. It is a tough market out there right now, but you will find something.

If it is meant to be, it will happen. If it doesn't happen just the way you wanted initially, it wasn't the right place for you.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, at least you got 3 - 6 interviews a week!

I've been looking for 2 months, and only got one interview so far

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I have a lot of office skills and experience so in that I am pretty marketable for a wide variety of jobs. Basically any office job, I can do. I should ammend that statement to also include that I was sending out 25-30 resumes a week, so the rate of return really wasn't that good. This was also starting Sept. 1 so the economy and unemployment wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Generally it was around 4 interviews a week once my resume was circulating all over town. Out of all of those, I got one job offer which I was actually their 3rd choice that I took. 4 months later I got one other job offer from back in October when their first choice didn't work out.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job...but keep your chin up...something better will come along....just pray about it, God has the right job in mind for you! This obviously just wasn't it.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy you will be hire eventually and they will be lucky to have you. Before I started work here I sent out over 400 resumes in 4 months for my field (social services) I got 2 interviews - no one was hiring due to government cutbacks. You just have to have faith and hard work.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up! Keep on trying. Soon enough the right position will come along and snatch you up.
Just remember that now a days it takes awhile to find a job b/c the job market is so bad.