Wish me luck Guys!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's official...I am going to apply for the Management Training Program with my company! I've given it a lot of thought and it seems like it's the best move for me to advance in my career. I told my Store Manager on Monday and she was tickled pink. She instantly got on the horn to her Boss (my possible new Boss!) and told him that I wanted to do this. He made a special trip to my store to tell me that he was very excited that I would want to become "one of them". I swear that man shook my hand ten times in the 5 minute conversation I had with him! He said that I'll still need to do a Formal Interview and then he would discuss it with his board members. He said that he thought I'd be great at it and definitely thought it wouldn't be a problem for me to be accepted into the Program. That really made me feel good! For once it was nice to hear the "Big Boss" tell me that I do a good job! He also said that if I were to be accepted I could start my training as soon as 30 days, but no later than 60 days. WOW! That's pretty quick!

Just wanted to share my good news with you all and please wish me luck in the days leading up to this big move!Thanks!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! I hope it works out for you. Good luck in your new position.

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww Shell I am so glad you made the decision to give it a go!! I don't think you'll regret it. And that's great that your new boss was saying nice things and is excited that you've chosen to do the program - that had to make you feel good about your choice!

So when is the formal interview? 30 days OMG! Would you be starting training in your own store, or would you have to move already??

Well the best of luck to you I hope it works out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I join the Program, I will never work in my original store again unless I left the Management field. I can understand why they don't allow you to go back to your home store. I'm not management now and I go off to training and come back...my co-workers would not respect me as Management because they already know me from before. If I'd go to another store, the employees would see me as Management from the get go.

Yes, I will have to relocate immediately. If I would have signed up 2 weeks ago, I would have been sent to Kansas City MO for 5 months of training. I'm not sure where I'll be sent, but it will either be Lincoln NE or Columbus NE. Once my training is over, I will be sent to another store where I will become an Assisant Manager and will become a salaried member of management.

The thing I'm worried about is finding housing for 5 months of training. Lincoln is almost 1 1/2 hours away and Columbus is almost 2 hours away, so driving everyday is not an option. So, I will have to find an apartment that has a short term lease since I'll only be there for 5 months. Plus, I want to be able to take my cats (Echo and Tiki...Bud is my brothers cat) with me and I don't know if I'll be able to find a place that allows cats & has short term leases too. It'll be a big challenge to say the least. Once I'm done with training, it shouldn't be too much of a problem finding housing & taking my cats. It's just the 5 month training that is going to mess things up a bit.

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think most cities have a fair number of month to month rentals, at least everywhere I've looked at does. The cats make it harder of course, but at least you don't have a dog!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo! That's great Shell.
Hope it all works out for you. Keep us updated.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so excited for you Shell! I knew you could do it! Isn't it nice though to get such great feedback from your superiors - makes you warm all over

Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll be great! Don't forget us little people when your top management!

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think you'll have TOO much problem with short-term leases. I don't know what it's like in the midwest, but I've never had to sign a lease agreement out here (although I have stuck to somewhat older complexes) and never had a problem having cats. The first place had a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of policy. They weren't really allowed, but the manager told me as long as they were indoor cats, they didn't care. The place I'm in now just required a deposit (which I still haven't paid... going through dispute with manager).

I hope you enjoy your new career, it sounds exciting! Good luck!

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I am soo excited for you Shelle!! What exciting news!!!! I will be sending you Good Luck vibes on finding a house that lets you have your cats, and with a short term lease as well..I know alot of the short term leases are for 6 months so I am almost pretty sure you will be able to fnd something.....Congrats and Keep us posted on the training!!
Kudos to you girl!!!
:flash:

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is great news, I am glad that you decided to go for it! I am sure you will find someplace to live short term, and be able to take the cats
. Hang in there, I think great things will come of this

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell - congrats on your first step up the management ladder - I'm sure you'll do great!!

Can Walmart offer any suggestions as to anywhere that you might be able to rent (shortterm) that will take cats too? They probably have local info at the stores you're thinking of relocating to.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's great, Shell! Good luck to you. I'm not familiar with Columbus, NE, but I have been to Lincoln, which seems like a pretty nice place to live. I don't imagine it would be too difficult to find a short-term rental there because of the university. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (I'm a real Wal-Mart fan, by the way.)