Wisdom teeth stories

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Dentist says my upper ones are coming in fine and the bottom ones will probably never eroupt if they do then I have to get them removed. I have one thats fully eroupted and theres no pain at all. I have a high tolence for pain and cold, Autisic people have low pain/cold sensativy so I dont think I will have wisdom tooth issues. Another reason I dont want them out is because if there is dry sockets and pain I want something to show for it some dentists dont let you keep the teeth, I want teeth to use in a necklace besides the denstist I visited wasn't a good one in my opinion.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...s/rolleyes.gif

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had two only and had these removed in my early twenties. I had braces for a year in my teens and there was the concern it would mess up the orthodontic work.
The procedure itself was no problem. I got dry sockets (some nerve healing complication) that hurt quite a bit a few days later. They soaked guaze in clove oil and stuffed it in the sockets, which totally removed the pain. I'd have the guaze changed every few days, till it healed properly.
All in all no major issues. Just request the water syringe to spray in the sockets at home once or twice a day to remove the food that gets trapped there. Otherwise, you will have terrible breath.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wisdom teeth were one of the worst experiences of my life, and I was very unlucky throughout the whole ordeal.

One morning at around 4 AM I woke up with the worst headache I can imagine and I cannot even describe it. It was so bad that I couldn't see for about 20 minutes and was wailing in my bed thinking I was going to die. I stumbled to the bathroom and took 4 Advils and it brought the pain down enough for me to make a phone call in tears. I couldn't think, I just hit redial and it called my aunt several states away. My head was throbbing and I didn't even know the pain was coming from my jaw. I told her about my pain and that I could barely walk, and she recommended calling an ambulance.

The next thing I remember (I passed out after the phone call, and my aunt called my brother to let him know since he's local) was my brother showed up at my apartment and gave me some really heavy duty pain meds. When those kicked in, I was still in pain but I finally felt where it was coming from. It felt like someone took a metal rod and rammed it through my cheeks into my jaw and was pulling me by it. He knew then it was my wisdom teeth, as he had been through this before.

We went to the dentist that day, but because it was late in the day and I had to have an antibiotic series first due to a heart problem, I had to wait till the next day to have surgery. I was told I was going to be asleep the whole time and I was thrilled about that. So when we got there early the next morning and the dentist told me I wasn't going to be asleep after all I started getting really nervous. For some reason they couldn't give me the sleeping stuff, so they had to do it with laughing gas which he assured me was practically the same thing.

He put the mask on me and told me to watch a painting and that when I started feeling loopy the boat in the painting would start to move
. After 10 minutes I felt nothing so they administered the local anesthetic and we waited another 5 minutes and I felt normal. So he started the procedure. I felt the whole damn thing. It wasn't fun at all.

Right after the surgery I felt like a million bucks. All that pain I had been having was gone, and I had 2 wonderful holes in my mouth. I wanted to go shooting but my brother knew better and took me to his house and took care of me until I was better. The dentist told me later that the reason I had so much pain prior to taking them out and so suddenly was because cysts had formed between my teeth and opening my gums and the teeth started putting pressure on the cysts.

I'm just glad I don't have to go through that again.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have three altogether, I only had one taken out so far because it was the only one breaking gum...Now I think I can feel another coming out
I am NOT looking forward to my next dentist visit. My dentist is all about taking them out, but my old dentist said not to unless they are pking out of the gums.

I really hope I can leave them in.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had mine taken out. All I remember was them putting the IV im my arm and tlaking to the Drs. Then I woke up and they were putting my in the truck. I couldn't hold my head up and my dad kept telling my to just put it on the headrest. I couldn't.
The drugs made me throw up everything I ate the 1st day. And then for a few days after that it was mashed potatoes and apple sauce. The pain meds made me sleep really good though!