Winter storm

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we have received 5" of snow already-not sure how much more-at least 3". We have fog, thunder,lightening. I think I finally hear a snowplow which was a problem as the highway depts took the plows off the trucks!

Interesting drive home-had to put truck in 4WD!

I've posted a photo on my FB page.

Spring is not here!

Poor robins they don't know where to take cover. One is making a nest in the mulch in front of my house just far enough away from the snow. Its digging a hole with its beak! I can't get close enough to take a pic without it flying away .

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in Northeast Illinois. It is thirty four degrees, raining, lightening and thundering non-stop. This has been crazy weather for sure for us in the Midwest. Even my feral cats don't know what to do, IS WINTER BACK or what????? Can't wait for the REAL Spring to arrive

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While we're no longer having snow around here, up along the northeastern part of PA, the weatherweenies still call for snow showers and flurries. And it's the end of April!

It's just been a nasty spring for a lot of areas.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll be the person everyone hates!
I'm in Georgia and it's supposed to be 88 today. I love living in the south!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

Well, I'll be the person everyone hates!
I'm in Georgia and it's supposed to be 88 today. I love living in the south!
Add my name to the "hate" list.
It's around 90 here today!

I wonder if my son is ready to leave Wisconsin yet?

As much as I'd love to move back home, I just can't imagine myself dealing with all that again.
It used to be that you had about 6 months of nice weather in Wisconsin: now you're lucky if you get 3 months worth.

ETA: I stand corrected. I checked the thermometer that's out on the porch about an hour ago, and it's actually 96.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we got anywhere from 8-10" of wet heavy snow. Some is melting already. The roads were good this morning though. Hopefully it can melt by Easter!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well we got anywhere from 8-10" of wet heavy snow. Some is melting already. The roads were good this morning though. Hopefully it can melt by Easter!
It probably will melt by then, but then you'll end up getting one of those infamous Easter day blizzards.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weather is so weird!

The other day it was snowing here and not a cloud to be seen in the sky! Now it's pouring rain!

We're into spring flooding, but it looked like the river level had gone down a little, but it now looks like it will be going back up again.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, it's this global warming thing that they have been warning us about.
Global warming my you know what. Even my bobcats haven't started losing their winter coats yet. But no worries, it will warm up and then everyone will be complaining it is way too hot or hiding in their homes with the AC on. I just want to see some sun. It been cool and wet, I am going to start growing mold

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't complain about the weather here in Southwestern Ontario. I dress for the cold weather so it doesn't bother me and I don't worry about earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes or tsunamis. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't worry about earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes or tsunamis.
Me either and I'm wearing shorts.

I have never in my life uttered the phrase, "thaw out by Easter" and I honestly can't imagine doing it. I hope the weather turns pretty for you guys soon!