Winter in Disneyland Paris - lots of pics

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Yes, they have Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland.

You may want to go to Disney World instead of Sea World. Disney has 4 parks and two water parks. I recommend Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Animal Kingdom is good too, but they close early.

Sea World has a new water park that's going to open in March 2008. (Aquatica water park) you might want to check that out too.
You can tell I am an "oldie but goodie"
And a traditionlist! My favorite US Disney park is the original Disneyland in California! I guess it is because I grew up watching the original Mickey Mouse Club and Walt Disney on Sunday nights. So, I always wanted to go to Disneyland - and the original one is still my favorite! Possibly because I can still remember seeing that Disneyland on TV as I was growing up.
I must admit that I have never been to Paris or Hong Kong, so I can't compare those two - but I have been to Disneyland to during Christmas, and it is an extra special event!
BTW, your photos are beautiful - it does look cold - but very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank for your lovely comments everyone!

Originally Posted by lnbandcats

You can tell I am an "oldie but goodie"
And a traditionlist! My favorite US Disney park is the original Disneyland in California! I guess it is because I grew up watching the original Mickey Mouse Club and Walt Disney on Sunday nights. So, I always wanted to go to Disneyland - and the original one is still my favorite! Possibly because I can still remember seeing that Disneyland on TV as I was growing up.
I must admit that I have never been to Paris or Hong Kong, so I can't compare those two - but I have been to Disneyland to during Christmas, and it is an extra special event!
BTW, your photos are beautiful - it does look cold - but very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
I'm an oldie but goodie too and remember seeing Tinkerbell fly over the Castle as the Disney programme started on TV.

We've taken the children to the original Disneyland in California, Walt Disney World several times and the Paris resort several times. We used to take them on a trip where they would experience more adult, cultural things and then reward them for their patience with a trip to Disney at the end. They always enjoyed the historical/cultural trips more than they thought they would and still got to go to Disney

Paris is a compact park compared to the one in Orlando - from what I remember from our 1994 trip, it's more like the Los Angeles park in size. The rides tend to be more modern than some of their counterparts in Orlando e.g. Space Mountain is more like Rock'n'Roller Coaster in Paris. I have experienced the Christmas celebrations in both Orlando and Paris and it is a very special, atmospheric time to be there.