Winter cat photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little one attempts to stay away from the wind but still monitor all the activity around the yard, she is quite bit shy at outdoors, but slowly learning more and more, those are 2 inch vertical strips of wood at the wall and tire which she is sitting on is only 13" 155 width:

I took that photo with pocket camera, some 10 meters away, so there is not quite as much detail as I would like to.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's got such lovely markings, especially that little white stripe down her nose.

:heart4:
I just wish that she would have bit slower brain, she is so rapid that I can get perhaps 4 brushing strokes in a day, then she decides that she has been enough long for one spot, leaps against my nose ramming it with her cheek and hops away to chase some imaginary mouse or some very real cat. She is pure energy.

You might need to click these photos to get full quality versions.
This is Mouku, he is shy, extremely shy, here I managed to capture him at his natural state, which is overly cautious.

OMG, new sound and it came near, meaning over 5 meters away, so he froze and started to examine if there would of been any movement he would of bolted and run to hideout.

Now, that sounds is still there, might it be safe to go hideout, or should I perhaps hide here behind the corner even longer, maybe a peek will shed light into subject...

Hideout is where that yellow door is

He is the dominant lap cat of them all, purrs loudly and never gets enough of petting, but anything new is a horror and so far he has allowed me to pet only once at outdoors, that is still bit work in progress.

He does have option to stay indoors of course, but he is not doing so, he likes new stuff, despite it being horror, he has most split mind that I have encountered, he can go from cuddling to panic in a snap, but we have managed to reduce that quite a bit.

I can't get near him at outdoors, he runs to hide, many meters before I'm near him, but still he is only one that has waked me up and considers my legs as his bed.

This is pretty much failed photo of little iita, AF was not working today at all, so I did attempt to use manual focus, but in this shot even composing failed, at least you can see how I would need to do a paint job for this old building as well as some plaster works.

She has funny chest beard actually, I did brush it earlier today, gets tangled up really easily that white fur, one can't see it very well from that angle, but from side edge of that white is far longer than other fur in her coat, which makes it look like a beard of santa claus or something like that. Her fur is so thin that it gets tangled up constantly and she being not very tolerant of being still for long time, it takes incredible long time to get her realize why brushing every day more than 4 strokes is good. As winter coat is soon starting to change to summer coat, then it is sciccor time to get that coat sorted out once and for all, last spring she learned actually to like that as she was getting bit hot and surely it must be irritating too.

With this one brushing is easier, I just take brush into hand and hold it, he brushes then himself and he uses far more force than I would ever dare to, good in that as he is not a lap cat, he sometimes has leaped on lap, but he will not stay even a minute :lol3:

Shame that I could not get pics where these boys were rolling on their backs at that place earlier at the day, so as they again came there, I took this group pic of them sunbathing, I think they did like from the day quite a bit as we got lot of playtime too with simple branch of birch tree that had three of those pollen 'sticks' at one end, it made really good toy when they could see and hear something moving in the grass and then pounced on it:

Quite poor pic of free cat toy:

Of course it is only free as I'm felling currently trees and make firewood so there are lot of those that I need to burn or compost, or then make cat toys from some :)

Sadly I have no photo of Mauku as I have no idea where she has begone, she did learned quite well to come and enter indoors when I opened door, but one morning she was not coming outside with others and then she had disappeared and have not seen her since, maybe she will show up later.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is new winter, I have not been taking much of pics lately, but today I got few pics even sun had almost set and there was thick clouds and snowing, so pics are not very good quality.

Can you spot a cat? Click to see image bigger:

When he is coming down, he swings tail and moves head around, also makes noises, there is no telling what is in his mind, but he enjoys from that.

After he comes down, he picks next tree and climbs that up, he is not climbing much higher than 15ft, but Panther that is my black cat can climb near to top of largest trees, which can be over 40ft tall.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That's such great exercise and entertainment for them. And clever cats for getting down by themselves. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rescue my cat from a tree. :rolleyes:

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww, what beautiful cats of yours! And great pictures!

Sooty's not afraid of any weather, really. It just depends on his mood. Sometimes I've seen him go out in heavy hale, or sometimes in really cold and snowly weather, sometimes he sits in his bed even when it's really

sunny! 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This one had just awaken and he came to greet me:

I haven't taken much pics and it kind of shows, that pic did not came out too well at all, but I like how light plays there.
That is such a nice shot. Tail in the air and little nose all pink from the cold. I like the way you've caught the patch of sunlight on the snow beside him.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was just about time to revive this thread, since September has already begun in some places. Here in the American Northeast, that usually signals the surreptitious glance upward when we leave the house, knowing that all too shortly, the snow will be upon us.

He's my little Oz, well-camouflaged against the snowy backdrop:

ozcamo.jpg