Willy's favorite toy mouse has seen better days...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe you could take the toe of a sock, stuff it with bunting or some of the rest of the sock, Sew it up and attach the favorite's head to that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe you could take the toe of a sock, stuff it with bunting or some of the rest of the sock, Sew it up and attach the favorite's head to that?
I like this idea.

Willy was rescued from outside, after randomly showing up outside the house where I was staying 8 years ago.

Never had a cat before and never had any experience with them. I got a variety of toys, but he really bonded with this particular mouse. He carried it everywhere he went. Even brought it to his food dish during meal time.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be enough to keep him happy. When I met a big dog who was going on 8. I noticed her person kept a small scrap of furry cloth in a safe place. Her person said it was all that remained of the dog's first toy. She was keeping it for sentimental reasons, the dog didn't play with it. I stuffed the bit of cloth, which was a rectangle at that point, with bunting and added a little more cloth to make a bigger rectangle, all the old fur on one side. Doggie went wild for it. Dog kept it with her and in her spot for the rest of her life. Everyone was thrilled. Sometimes appearances aren't the most important thing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely trim the loose ends which look frayed. Maybe alternate Willy with another toy and gradually wean him off it. Good luck! :crossfingers:

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was his first toy ever. After rescuing him from outside, and not having any experience with cats in my life, I got this toy and started tossing it around. He did the whole butt-wiggle thing before pouncing on it, which I never saw before and thought it was absolutely hilarious.

He's had this mouse for 8 years, constantly attacking it, chomping/clawing it, carrying it around, dropping it behind the couch and then looking for it. I fished it out from under the couch about 500 times.

And whenever I was fishing it out from under the couch, Willy would be situated right near me, watching intently as I look for it. He loved waiting for me to find it and toss it back out on the floor.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a previous picture of his favorite mouse from about 5 years back 😂😂😂

This will demonstrate how hard he has loved it. Compare it to the first pic I posted in this thread. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

Attachments

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose it’s quite a compliment to the manufacturer in a weird sort of way.
Funny thing is I have no idea where I got this mouse. It was 8-9 years ago and the first toy I ever bought for my cat that I took in from outside, and didn't know anything about cat stuff.

Probably bought it at a store like Walmart or Target when hurriedly getting cheap cat supplies to care for him. (He was extremely skinny at that point so I was focused on saving his life, and probably just bought whatever random toys I saw).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's what Google came up with for similar things;
soft - Google Search

You might want to consider Kflowers wonderful idea and have someone sew new parts for it. It can really matter when one toy becomes so special ❤