Will They Survive.....Prays needed....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yakky is back this morning!!
He looks great, still very fat. He is the big tomcat and I am pretty sure the daddy of the kittens.

The pedialyte is working like a champ. And it doesn't freeze as fast as plain water and i think the sugar helps to keep it from freezing
. I made up the Glop too! I opted to not add the grape seed extract as it was optional and I was worried it might back them off. They didn't touch it last night. I offered them more warm glop early this morning and when I went back out to check after they ate and it was almost gone!!!! I did see Dixie go in after the boys so I hope she got some. Dixie is looking a bit better and not as weak
. I think they just love the Glop and I made up a big batch and keep it in the fridge. It is simple to make and easy to warm up for them.

Thanks Laurie for the recipes. I will keep them in my feral file for future reference
. The weather is turning today and we are on a warming trend this next week, FINALLY

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GREAT NEWS on all fronts! And bookmark the kitten-rescue site in general.
I've used it dozens of times for people needing help with rescues, it's a great site! (Surprise, surprise, it was created by hissy and another member of TCS.
).

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How wonderful to read that she is looking better already. I can tell how relieved you are!

I don't have any experience with this but wanted to share it with you. A friend of mine who has a huge feral colony on her property swears by using heavy cream in winter for the weak kitties. Her argument is that weakness from lack of food/shelter is more dangerous than possible diarrhea from the milk. Laurie, have you heard of this?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

GREAT NEWS on all fronts! And bookmark the kitten-rescue site in general.
I've used it dozens of times for people needing help with rescues, it's a great site! (Surprise, surprise, it was created by hissy and another member of TCS.
).
Seriously!! We sure have a lot of wonderful resourceful people on TCS!!! Again, I thank you for forwarding and Hissy for creating. That kitten-rescue site is incredible and packed with much useful, life-saving tips.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveWhiskers

How wonderful to read that she is looking better already. I can tell how relieved you are!

I don't have any experience with this but wanted to share it with you. A friend of mine who has a huge feral colony on her property swears by using heavy cream in winter for the weak kitties. Her argument is that weakness from lack of food/shelter is more dangerous than possible diarrhea from the milk. Laurie, have you heard of this?
Thanks
!!! I have not heard of the heavy cream?! I am sure it would cause loose poops/diarrhea, but it would be interesting to research further. And at least have another tool in the "feral cat toolbox"

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveWhiskers

No, but I'm not sure I follow the logic. My guess is that most of the kitties that have benefited don't have the lactose intolerance though, because diarrhea is dehydrating and would defeat part of the purpose.
I think the kitten glop would be at least as packed in calories and nutrition, and easier on the tummy though. You might want to pass on the recipe to your friend!