will she forgive me?

sammyrae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So earlier this morning, I had to crate my baby Felix to take her to the vet for a teeth cleaning. Needless to say, there was a lot of wrestling around to get her in there and she was very upset with me. Just last night we were snuggling and I really don't want her to be mad at me when she gets back. I know some cats hold grudges but I've never done anything to make her thid upset. For some reason, she was more more hesitant to get into her carrier than usual :(.

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe, I know how you feel.  Gabriel has serious dental issues and he has to go to the vet a lot and one time the "nice" people at the vet decided to cut his nails.  I don't clip my cat's nails, never have, don't see the need.  I have two cats, so if I did clip the nails I'd need to do it for both of them.  Gabe has quite a bit of anxiety and one of his coping strategies is to claw the particle boards I leave out for him, which now he couldn't use.  So here I was bringing Gabe home from the vet where he had a dental cleaning and a couple shots and no claws.  He was NOT a happy camper.  He did hold that grudge against me for a long time (days) but eventually he forgave me.  Even if it's not easy sometimes we have to put the parent hat on and do what's the best even when we know the anger and grudges are coming.  :)  But in my opinion, in the long run, the love we give them far overshadows the grudge situations.  So I think Felix will forgive you, given time.  :)

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So earlier this morning, I had to crate my baby Felix to take her to the vet for a teeth cleaning. Needless to say, there was a lot of wrestling around to get her in there and she was very upset with me. Just last night we were snuggling and I really don't want her to be mad at me when she gets back. I know some cats hold grudges but I've never done anything to make her thid upset. For some reason, she was more more hesitant to get into her carrier than usual
cats can sense things so maybe she sense where she was going ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammyrae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awe, I know how you feel.  Gabriel has serious dental issues and he has to go to the vet a lot and one time the "nice" people at the vet decided to cut his nails.  I don't clip my cat's nails, never have, don't see the need.  I have two cats, so if I did clip the nails I'd need to do it for both of them.  Gabe has quite a bit of anxiety and one of his coping strategies is to claw the particle boards I leave out for him, which now he couldn't use.  So here I was bringing Gabe home from the vet where he had a dental cleaning and a couple shots and no claws.  He was NOT a happy camper.  He did hold that grudge against me for a long time (days) but eventually he forgave me.  Even if it's not easy sometimes we have to put the parent hat on and do what's the best even when we know the anger and grudges are coming.  :)  But in my opinion, in the long run, the love we give them far overshadows the grudge situations.  So I think Felix will forgive you, given time.  :)
I really hope so :( maybe I can bribe her with some treats ;). Usually I'm able to give her some treats for the ride and she is alright but since it was a dental, I couldn't. And let me tell you, she was PISSED (excuse my french). It's for the best, as her teeth were pretty bad, I just wish she would be as cooperative as her little sissy (who loves to go bye bye and I had to try to get out of the crate as I was trying to put Felix in).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking my cats to the vet is a combination of: Fear Factor, Amazing Race, Hide and Seek, and who can scream the loudest.

Your kitty will forgive you!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's never easy taking the cats to the vet. They scream all the way there, but for some reason on the way home they are usually quiet as they must realize that the worst is over (except of course for the meds they need to take at home). They do forgive and forget very quickly. Only exception was my first cat, Boots, who wouldn't talk to us for the rest of the day when he went to the vet.

justmelilb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats are so forgiving! Even if they hold a grudge it isn't for long. Right now I have to treat all my babies for ear mites and one for uveitis and they hate me for the drops in the eyes and ears but they still come sleep with me every night regardless. Gypsy is dark and small and I can't always see her. I don't know how many times I have accidentally kicked her or stepped on her paw or tail but she still stays by side.

sammyrae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She came back and under the bed for a few hours. She would come out just to give me the cold shoulder! She forgave me... that is until I gave her her pain medication (she had to have a tooth extracted). She keeps staring at me from across the room but turns away when I go to pet and snuggle with her lol.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She will get over it. Just keep giving her love, attention and the occasional treat. I step on one of my cats at least once a week. I usually go barefoot in the house.  Silly gets right behind me when I am at the kitchen counter (where I make their brekkies and supper) and I have stepped on her tail dozens of times. She will squawk, run about 4 feet away, and be right back in a couple of minutes.

sammyrae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She isn't coming out from under the bed much :( I miss seeing her wander around the house. Could it be the pain meds from the extraction making her sleepy?

ajlovato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just let her know you are there. Hold her if you can and love on her...then give her the space she wants. Cats are a lot like children...especially in kitten phase. Let her throw her hissy fit. She WILL forgive you. :)

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isn't coming out from under the bed much
I miss seeing her wander around the house. Could it be the pain meds from the extraction making her sleepy?
It could be. Just remember, she'll heal and feel better soon and all will be forgiven.
It's one of those necessary things we have to put our cats through once in awhile, but they all forgive once they are back in their old routines.

lelice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was away with eramus for more then 6 months. My cat didnt want to come to me for almost a week. But now we are pretty much just as close. so don't worry. Yourcat will come to u