Will my stray friend trust me again?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dizkneephreek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he is back! He showed up around 11:30 last night - 15 hours after he first got out. It took around 10 minutes to get him to relax and come up to me. I don't know what that was about, but he seemed very unsure of me at first. And he kept looking out into the darkness...maybe hearing wildlife or something? I had to coax him back inside with a probiotic treat that he loves, and once he was well inside my husband quickly shut the back door. I'm taking the day off work to relax and spend time with my prodigal son 😂

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes he is back! He showed up around 11:30 last night - 15 hours after he first got out. It took around 10 minutes to get him to relax and come up to me. I don't know what that was about, but he seemed very unsure of me at first. And he kept looking out into the darkness...maybe hearing wildlife or something? I had to coax him back inside with a probiotic treat that he loves, and once he was well inside my husband quickly shut the back door. I'm taking the day off work to relax and spend time with my prodigal son 😂
So happy for you (& for Ellwood) maybe you can figure out a way to escape proof the exit/entrance to prevent door dashing and so you don't have to worry anymore?

I actually had a 2nd door put in and made a hallway between my front door and the 2nd door,to ensure there'll be no escape from door dashing.....it was just too much stress,my Sami( Bengal) is the door dasher but he doesn't go anywhere ,he's just anxious to go out with me and waits for his harness- still,anything can happen and God Forbid my Timmy got the idea watching Sami....I could not relax one minute before that door went up

Anyway,use deterrent sprays,prickly mats ,motion sensor air cans or whatever you can get your hands on to keep him away from that area

Thank God he's home safe❤

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0F54D0BB-7345-49C0-8F5D-E19D646202BA$L0$001~photo.GIF