Will all the seagulls please BE QUIET!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The seagulls here in Florida have never been a problem for me. Actually, the birds that live near the ocean are my absolute favorite! I love watching them glide over the ocean or run along the shore!

What I DO have a problem with are the squirrels at UCF! They are completely devoid (and I'm NOT exaggerating) of FEAR when it comes to humans thanks to so many people feeding them!! Last year I had a squirrel JUMP ON MY LAP when I was eating french fries!!! I swatted him away but he wouldn't leave. And it's no stretch to say there's one waiting near you everytime you eat. It's really quite creepy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

The seagulls here in Florida have never been a problem for me. Actually, the birds that live near the ocean are my absolute favorite! I love watching them glide over the ocean or run along the shore!

What I DO have a problem with are the squirrels at UCF! They are completely devoid (and I'm NOT exaggerating) of FEAR when it comes to humans thanks to so many people feeding them!! Last year I had a squirrel JUMP ON MY LAP when I was eating french fries!!! I swatted him away but he wouldn't leave. And it's no stretch to say there's one waiting near you everytime you eat. It's really quite creepy.
I'd have fainted if a squirl just jumped in my lap! From what I hear, they are pretty much like that at DSU too.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'd have fainted if a squirl just jumped in my lap! From what I hear, they are pretty much like that at DSU too.
I definitely let out a nice little squeal when I looked down and saw his beady little eyes staring up at me. The guy sitting at the table next to us could not stop laughing! I felt like the squirrel and I were having a showdown!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a red tailed hawk (a youngster I think!!) that circles our property morning afternoon and evening. Or he sits in one of the trees and squawks!!! I'm guessing its a male I'll have to find him in the binoculars to make sure!!!
We have those pesky seaugull too. But as we don't like by the ocean is think the name is "lake gulls"