Wildfires In California - Really Bad

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard last night that there is a nasty stomach bug in one of the shelters. They are trying to get a handle on it with a lot of disinfecting and emphasizing the importance of frequent hand washing to the people staying there. They are in a shelter because they probably lost everything and now this, talk about adding insult to injury.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Current known death toll from the Camp Fire is at 77; with the 3 deaths in southern California from the Woolsey Fire that brings the statewide total to 80. The number listed as missing in the Camp Fire is now down (!) to 993. The best regularly updated site I've found for information on these fires is here: California wildfires: Nearly 1,000 unaccounted for in Camp Fire — live updates.
:bawling::bawling2:

I heard last night that there is a nasty stomach bug in one of the shelters. They are trying to get a handle on it with a lot of disinfecting and emphasizing the importance of frequent hand washing to the people staying there. They are in a shelter because they probably lost everything and now this, talk about adding insult to injury.
The source I read identified it as Norovirus, which tends to spread easily in overcrowded conditions.

Margret

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We've got a little patch of clear air now around the Monterey Bay for which I'm grateful, and rain should be coming tomorrow. Now let's hope it's enough to help slow the fires' progress, but not enough to cause mudslides! :crossfingers:

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So horrible to see scammers pretending to rescue cats in order to get donations.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise