Wild Calling Cat Food

gatinos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

From what I remember, it didn't really look like bone fragments though- unless the bones got melted together.   All of the residue was on top of the rest of the meat and looked almost like a layer of something filmy.   It was weird, and looked like the food went bad or something.   I know bones aren't bad for cats, but you do have to avoid or limit them with certain medical conditions because of the phosphorus levels.  
Yes, I also found that out not long ago. 

gatinos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just received in the mail a voucher for a free case of cans and a sincere apology from the company. Even though this doesn't change the fact that I can't take the risk of feeding them again their foods for now, it's nice to see that they care. At my local pet store they also told me they're stopping all rabbit and bison productions for the next 3 months in order to invest some time into investigating this situations, which leads me to think they are serious and taking action about what happened. 

pasquale

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using wild callings for awhile and am concerned about the consistency of one lot# vrs another. I picked up a case of rabbit from our Vet and the food was solid to the point that you almost had to cut it up...but then bought another case from Chewy and it is mush. I have a receipt to make food for my Maine Coons and think once this food is used up I'll go that route so then I will know exactly what they are eating..View media item 404156

gatinos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been using wild callings for awhile and am concerned about the consistency of one lot# vrs another. I picked up a case of rabbit from our Vet and the food was solid to the point that you almost had to cut it up...but then bought another case from Chewy and it is mush. I have a receipt to make food for my Maine Coons and think once this food is used up I'll go that route so then I will know exactly what they are eating..
What a stunning kitty you have! Beautiful, and so relaxed :)

The same thing happened to us. My kitties really liked it when it was less solid, but I could never tell when it would be like that. I don't know why this is, it's quite strange.

I've started considering making their food as well and just got a great tip from another user @catwoman707  about using U-Stew for cats. You just add it onto the cooked meat and off you go, sounds pretty easy, at least for a starter, which would make my life easier for the time being. Here's a link in case you're interested: https://www.knowbetterpetfood.com/products/u-stew-for-cats

gatinos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely more keen to try their products again after seeing this.