Wiki article about ways to stop scratching/biting

maes20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I read an article about ways to stop your cat from biting and scratching, because it is from a Wiki site I was hoping someone would be able to read it over a little and let me know if its accurate or not before I try any of these methods on my kitty.. Do not need to break her anymore then she already is. I wake up at night and she pounces me from the window sill.. its like having bat man or something jump at me with their arms out stretched.. oh, no I take it back, she looks like scar from lion king jumping out of the fire at me. 

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Cat-from-Biting-and-Scratching

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Maes20...

ah.. an attack cat!

Is she just doing the leaping thing, then biting/scratching, or does it happen at other times?

It doesn't sound like she is being aggressive as such.. more just playing.  And she looks to be a kitten, so it pretty well goes with the territory!

One thing we must always remember is that hands and feet aren't toys... never encourage your cat to 'play' with them by wriggling them to attract her.

The article is good up to a point, although I don't agree with the water bottle spraying.  Try to work on the positive stuff rather than the 'punishing'.