Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

EB Games said they are getting weekly shipments. I hope to get one for my boyfriend for Christmas. I saw it on Craigslist being sold for $650, which is stupid when they only cost $279. If they are getting weekly shipments in of them, I don't understand why people can't just wait a week.
Insane is the auction for a PS3 that went for $15,300. Yes, over $15,000 for a $600 console.
(Someone is going to have a good Christmas!) And it's really stupid because they really ARE just phasing the release of both the PS3 and Wii, unlike the original Xbox where there really was a huge shortage. Not that ANY of them are worth $15,000 - but especially not when you would only have to wait a couple weeks - a month at most - to get one for retail price!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
how rude I can't believe people cut. well I can cause people are rude, Unless they just left for like 20 min to get food or pee or something and they were there already before but other then that thats messed up.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

Cool!! I hooked it up at 1:30am 11-19-2006 and no one was in the Mii Plaza and no one visited me
Maybe it was too early.
Let me know when you set it up. It was very easy to connect to my wireless router.

Did you wait in line or did you just walk in and got one?
I waited in line. It was freezing, but I didn't care. I have to play Zelda.

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
congratulations on getting a wii! the PS3 is getting popular in my town fast! there was a huge mob outside fred meyer whe they got it but they only had 6 units and had 2 do a raffle for them! it was all over the front page that day!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to play the wii. It's going to be (in my opinion) the best new console. The system is much cheaper than the x-box 360 and PS3 at only $250 american, the games are cheaper and it uses a completely revolutionary style of playing.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Wii is awesome. I haven't gotten one yet, I have to save up a little more cash. But hopefully I'll have it before christmas. Glad to hear all the hype about it was true. Can't wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Wow, that sounds like fun!!

When can I come by for my free flu shot? LOL
Come on down anytime.

Just walk into any Walmart and ask for it.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

We tried, but failed
We went up to Meijer at about 9:30 or 10 on Saturday just to see what was going on- and it was like a ghost town in the media department! We finally found someone that works there and she told us there were people waiting in line on Friday so they had a lottery and they were all already spoken for

Oh well! I really have my heart set on the Nintendo DS Lite anyway!

Oh yeah- what is the game that comes with the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (that IS fun!
) like?!
The Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii comes with a sports game which has tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, and boxing. You have to physically do the motions to hit the ball or box. This is not just pushing buttons anymore. Give it try if you have the chance. They are setting up Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii stations in the malls (gamestop, ebgames...etc). Check it out if you drop by those stores.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I'm excited about with the wiiii is the oportunity to compile the BEST collection of games ever. From what I understand you can download all kinds of games from old units. I'm telling you, there's something so sexy about having all of the mario brothers, AND Mario go-cart AND zelda AND final fantasy all in the same place.
Unfortunately by the time I'll be able to afford one, I'll be able to buy it second hand at a garage sale and everyone else will be physically on the web because human transporters will be invented. Dang! why did I decide to go back to school again?

Oh! A question on behalf of one of my good friends. She wants to know if you can insert cartridges from older systems into it. I told her I'd ask.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

What I'm excited about with the wiiii is the oportunity to compile the BEST collection of games ever. From what I understand you can download all kinds of games from old units. I'm telling you, there's something so sexy about having all of the mario brothers, AND Mario go-cart AND zelda AND final fantasy all in the same place.
Unfortunately by the time I'll be able to afford one, I'll be able to buy it second hand at a garage sale and everyone else will be physically on the web because human transporters will be invented. Dang! why did I decide to go back to school again?

Oh! A question on behalf of one of my good friends. She wants to know if you can insert cartridges from older systems into it. I told her I'd ask.
No, you will not be able to use the old cartridges from other systems, however, I believe they will be available for downloads (popular ones).

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My FH wants one but he's not willing to wait for hours to get one. He was trying to get one on ebay but won't pay more then $400 for it. He has evrey nintendo system ever made, except the Wii. What really made me made is that 15 of the people who were waiting in line at Walmart were planing to sell it. I asked what the point was and they didn't have an answer for me. I would love to get the system for my FH. It would really make his Christmas!!

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we got our wii today I have a friend that works at costco and I asked him if he could get his hands on one to do it for us and HE DID!!!! Now we love him forever!!! The wii bundle is what we got and it came with Wii Sports, Excite Truck and Zelda Twilight Princess. I am so excited now and I can't wait for Harvest moon Wii. Harvest Moon is my favorite series (besides of course Zelda but thats a given)

I am having problems getting it to go online it keeps giving me an error code!!

As soon as I get online I will post my friend code and we can all go bowling together.

Ok I have to go now so I can play my WII!!!!!!

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junglebutterfly

we got our wii today I have a friend that works at costco and I asked him if he could get his hands on one to do it for us and HE DID!!!! Now we love him forever!!! The wii bundle is what we got and it came with Wii Sports, Excite Truck and Zelda Twilight Princess. I am so excited now and I can't wait for Harvest moon Wii. Harvest Moon is my favorite series (besides of course Zelda but thats a given)

I am having problems getting it to go online it keeps giving me an error code!!

As soon as I get online I will post my friend code and we can all go bowling together.

Ok I have to go now so I can play my WII!!!!!!
Glad you got one!!!! How much was the bundle?

Yes, there is some glitch going on with Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. It is after you use Wiiconnect24. Here is the the article.

ANYONE WITH A WII SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE UNPACKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR YOU MIGHT GO WiiiiiLESS FOR COUPLE OF WEEKS

WiiCONNECT24 MIGHT BREAK YOUR Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii