wife says UPS kitten has to go do to bad behavior...help...please the choices she gave me are imposs

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have 4 rescue cats already and one of them is a cute male but very spooky and intolerant of change.

Enter the instrument of that change.  The UPS truck opens to deliver a package at a friends house and out bounds a kitten!  Of course the driver can't imagine where she came from. 

Rather than leave the kitten at my friends (not cat friendly) to die of starvation or be shot we took her home.  She is spayed and has all her shots but: and the but is she reaks havoc on our other cats.  Spunky, the spooky male, quit peeing, developed a blockage and had to go to the vet.

So here is the problem: I have to find a home for her and not just any home but "a good home where she will be well cared for" (wife's words) or she "will have to be put down" (also wife's words).   

Of course by now (2 months) I am already attached to her...I would love to see her go to a good home but it would break my heart to see her put down.....

Our two local shelters are full, even Craigslist is choked with cats and kittens.  The only no-kill group will not take any more. This is southern Missouri remember!

WHAT AM I TO DO?  PLEASE PROVIDE SOME SUGGESTIONS.  WE (I) WOULD TRANSPORT HER TO A GOOD HOME  OR ?  I would help with future vet bills, food, etc.

I get the impression I do not have much time

The box that was delivered...she tried to sleep in it...I figure she is about 6-8 months and was about 2 months younger when UPS delivered her.  The photos were taken about 2 weeks ago.

Very loving, likes to play, inside cat currently

George

Last edited:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, first thanks for rescuing this kitten. I hope that she won't be put down after your work in rescuing her. Finding a good home for cats is often difficult, but maybe finding one for a cute kitten who is already spayed and up to date on shots won't be as difficult. Have you tried vets and rescue organizations yet?

So, I have a question about how the new kitten was introduced to your older kitties. Did you follow the slow and careful introduction method as outlined here? http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

I am wondering if your older kitties will adjust to the new kitten in time? While a new kitten or cat can definitely introduce stress into an already established cat household, it can usually be overcome.

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few questions, whose name, is the house or lease in? Who pays the bills?  Your wife doesn't have as much power, as she leads you to believe, and ya gotta stand up to her.  Also, please tell her, no vet is going to put down a healthy kitten, so you can rest easy on that "threat". 

I hate it when "the other" starts with the threats and orders, as in.....who died and left you in charge?

If ya want to keep the kitten, I can tell you how to do it, if ya give into this, you are doomed to be her slave, for the rest of your life, lol. 

What is she going to do? Hit you, shoot you, then she goes to jail, there is nothing, she can do to you, and, she don't own you, stand and fight dude, lol.  

baconman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
check out caboodle ranch. its in florida but if you willing to transport, none are turned away. I am sure a small donation might help :) just an idea just type in caboodle ranch in google, should be the first link

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat to cat introductions are a must.  Ask your wife if she would be willing to follow the above instructions and give it a try.  Have you tried Feliway plug ins or spray?  Both can be very helpful.  Feline composure liquid or treats also help all of the cats to relax. 

If you must rehome the cat, post on Facebook, ask your vet for help.  You could post signs at other vet offices too.  Just be sure to carefully screen all parties interested. 

Hopefully you can find a solution that works for your entire family.

Thank you for caring for her and doing the best for her.

catwithmycoffee

Six Cats Crazy Cat Parents
Young Cat
Purraise

baconman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Darn, I looked at their website and it seemed things were alright at first glance, My bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are continuing to "work through" the process.  Spunky seems to be improving, urinating, eating but still ADHD as ever.  I try to keep Molly from aggravating the situation so she is "safe" for now.  I hope if I can get her through the terrible teething months things will calm down and life will be back to normal.

Thanks to all for you suggestions.

I too was surprised about Caboodle ranch...the PETA investigation in 2012 showed some horrible under cover videos of his cats.  According to their site all the animals have been confiscated and the judge has ordered that Grant not be allowed to have animals.

BUT he still continues to solicit funds....interesting...but the good old internet catches up with all eventually!!!

thanks again

George

Dolly

Molly

Spunky

Oreo

and kitty girl