Why would someone say this??

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will always respect the uniform and the job that they volunteer to do, that of defending our country. But there are certainly those individuals who wear those uniforms who do not deserve any respect or even tact.
Those idiots, joking or not, certainly do not deserve respect whether they are soldiers or elephant poop collectors!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those soldiers sound like they were privates or low ranked enlisted showing off for their buddies. My husband has the unfortunate duty of counceling the scum from time to time. He's told me some doosies of stories about some soldiers. Try not to let those twerps get on your nerves because it sounds like that is exactly what they want to do. Send me a blue ribbon and I'll proudly wear in here on post.
I haven't seen anyone handing out ribbons here... there are just signs all over the post saying "have you hugged your child today" and other things about how abuse is wrong.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I will always respect the uniform and the job that they volunteer to do, that of defending our country. But there are certainly those individuals who wear those uniforms who do not deserve any respect or even tact.
Those idiots, joking or not, certainly do not deserve respect whether they are soldiers or elephant poop collectors!
Big ol' hugs to you right now!!! You make SUCH a good point about being a soldier or an elephant poop collector. Sadly it just looks worse for a soldier to say something like that.
They are supposed to reresent our country and then they comment about beating a child. It just makes the united states look bad. Some soldiers don't understand that when in uniform they each represent the united states of america. When a soldier does something bad many many people hear about it and thus, refelct poorly on the usofa.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are good and bad in every area of life. The police are another example - some guys join because they truly want to make a difference and others do it for the power it gives them. It's hard to always weed out the bad ones so the best we can do is support the good ones.

I recently attended a seminar and it really brought home to me how we alone are responsible for how we feel. That nobody MAKES us mad - we CHOOSE to react that way.

eva-loves-cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good on you for giving those ribbons out and I am sorry to hear you got some nasty comments like that. They are arseholes....I can never trust any bloke, whether they are from the army, police etc just because of there Job. A lot opf abusers hide behind that and whether someone is in uniform or not does not change who they are.

I was abused a lot of my lfe and I know from experiance not to trust anyone. Keep giving out those ribboons and ignore those arseholes who comment badly on it. I just wish them saying that was enough to do something.

Take care Eva x