Why won't she let me sleep!? Help!

kait cupnoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cats Originally were fed kibble, and were able to graze all day. The last couple of weeks I had switched them to wet food, and feeding times.  I feed them in the morning (6 am-ish) they get a small meal between (12-3pm) then they eat again around 9 - 10pm at night. 

Rollie constantly pesters me during the night now. Before she would sleep and cuddle with me (lay on my face, lick my face/some nose nibbling) during the night, though I mostly was able to get through the night without being woken up by her.

Now Rollie constantly comes into my room at night, (my bed is right against a wall) jumps on the bed, walks to the corner and stands on her hind legs, and will start scratching and meowing at the wall. It's very loud, and very obnoxious. Usually that wakes me up and I tell her to stop, and she walks over and wants attention, and will bite my nose. (ever since she was little, she would bite my nose to tell me she was hungry, [usually when I was asleep and not responding to her]) 

She is waking me up multiple times throughout the night. I'm not sure if she is just that hungry, or if she wants attention, all I know is  that it's causing me to continuously lose sleep. I don't want to lock her out of my room, because her and the other two will just howl at the door, and tear at the carpet. 

Please help me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kait cupnoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is just under a year old, I feed her  4oz of raw a day (plus a little added from canned, since she is still transitioning) 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know nothing about how much to feed when it comes to raw but since she under a year she needs more food then a adult does

imuneekru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I switched my young cats to raw food, they too went through a transitional period of being very overly eager to eat, and flipping out excitedly over any food-related trigger. To me it seemed like for the first time in their lives, they were actually excited to eat because it tasted good and made them feel energetic. 

But that said, 4oz seems a little low. You could probably stand to try feeding them more. Raw food is definitely less dense than kibble and has more water; it's even less dense than canned/wet food. See if she calms down if you bulk up her diet. So long as she isn't obese it couldn't hurt. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kait cupnoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She isn't obese at all. My other question is, my 2 older cats are obese; Suzie barely picks at her food (kibble addict), and Stanley hoarks his down, then goes after Suzie's.

Rollie will eat a good portion of hers, leave, then come back and eat more; I'd like to give her more, but I fear Stanley will come back and devour her's before she comes back to finish it herself. (mainly because I KNOW he will)