Why O Why

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Name is Kevin

We have a 3 bedroom house with 2 cats one male one female, the male sleeps down in the main kitchen

The Female Sleeps with my Mother in her bedroom 

There is another bedroom nobody sleeps in 

I sleep in another bedroom over the last few months i was wondering why my bed seemed wet anyway turns out the Female Cat was peein on the Duvet and then on sheets through to mattress, this has now happened on 3 occasions , there is a Fish Tank in my bedroom 

Why my bed and not the  other two is a mystery i was really annoyed with her tonight 

What can i do ???

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? How many litterboxes are in the house? How clean are they kept?

You need to get a good pet odor remover, soak the pee spot on the mattress really well, and put plastic over it so she can't pee on it any more. If you don't get rid of the smell she'll just keep coming back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok she has a litter tray in the bedroom with the mother and there are 2 litter trays , they are spotless 

She is Spayed 

whats a good pet odour ?

i dont fancy plastic over my bed i wont sleep 

Un less i get a new bed 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she doesn't pee in it while you're in it, does she? :lol3: (maybe not so laughable--I know some cats do!). Put the plastic over it while you're not in it and remove it when you want to sleep. A cheap plastic shower curtain usually works well.

I don't know what brands of odor remover are available there. But apparently there's something called biological washing powder in the UK that a lot of cat owners use. Mix it up, pour it on good, let it sit for a while then sop up all you can with towels and put the plastic over it. Hopefully that'll get the smell out.

Try putting another litterbox in your room. Maybe she's just too lazy to travel to the other room to use it :tongue2:.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, she doesn't pee in it while you're in it, does she?
(maybe not so laughable--I know some cats do!). Put the plastic over it while you're not in it and remove it when you want to sleep. A cheap plastic shower curtain usually works well.
I don't know what brands of odor remover are available there. But apparently there's something called biological washing powder in the UK that a lot of cat owners use. Mix it up, pour it on good, let it sit for a while then sop up all you can with towels and put the plastic over it. Hopefully that'll get the smell out.
Try putting another litterbox in your room. Maybe she's just too lazy to travel to the other room to use it
WHat and just put the shower curtain on top of my bed everyday 

riccadawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup! Put the shower curtain over your bed. She won't like that.