Why Kittens & Young Cats Should Be Adopted In Pairs

patc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agree about adopting in pairs! When we have a litter, we always do this. If there is an odd number of kittens, like 5, we don't adopt the remaining one to anyone who does not have another friendly kitty at home.

The thought of an 8 week old kitten sitting alone all day, if owners work, is just too sad for us!!

luvmycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Someone once said to me, imagine that as a young child you were removed from contact with all other humans. Even if you had plenty of food, water, medical care, and say contact with another species (maybe you were raised by wolves), do you think you could grow up to be a happy and well adjusted human? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious, so why would we think a cat is different?

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four cats, they are 'two pairs'. although all play, groom and sleep together. I cannot imagine any of them being an 'only' cat. They would get depressed I am sure. The other article about leaving cats on their own I fully agree with too. 24 hours just seems much too long, anything could happen in that time, and they are much too precious to suffer unnecessarily.