Why Is My Male Kitten So Affectionate

Paigec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my male cat is 5 months old and is weirdly affectionate at times. . He will constantly jump up on my chest and start purring and licking my face. When I move him away from my chest and face and put him to my side while on the couch hoping he will relax while I pet him, he continues to lick and suckle my arm, hand or thigh. He is relentless. Everytime I move him away he just comes back. I give him plenty of love, but he always wants more. I've never met such an affectionate cat. Also he has a regular playmate kitten that is 2 months older whom has been fixed while my cat has not. I often see my cat straddling the other while they play, constantly at his heels. Can anyone relate. Also this is my first ever

Attachments

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is their a reason he is not neutered? Some cats are just more cuddly than others. The teen months could be just around the corner and with intact hormones with all the behaviors and odors. Enjoy the cuddles!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is at the age where you should get him fixed especially if he is straddling the other cat. That means he is showing signs of being mature enough to mate...that comes along with screaming and wanting to get out and also spraying all over the house and it smells horrible. Please get him fixed ASAP