Why is my cat throwing up?? / pancreatitis

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, how did your vet diagnose this? Did they do a fPL test and did they say if the Pancreatitis was acute or chronic? There may be an underlying cause for the Pancreatitis, e.g. IBD. I agree you should talk with your vet since Cricket may need medication for the inflammation. Good luck!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I tried that and still am trying that, but it doesn't work. She likes the midnight snack though.....
I feed our cats small meals during the night (usually somewhere between 3:15 and 3:45) and that generally prevents acid barfs, though Edwina occasionally regurgitates. (I usually get up around then anyway so just keep small dishes for them in a mini refrigerator... it's so easy I practically sleepwalk through it all.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Patty Hiller

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HA!!! Good for you, you found the answer. But if I got up in-the middle of the night trying to get myself to the cat food, it would not be pretty. I would surely kill myself. Maybe even squash the cat.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HA!!! Good for you, you found the answer. But if I got up in-the middle of the night trying to get myself to the cat food, it would not be pretty. I would surely kill myself. Maybe even squash the cat.
:) No lights go on and it's the tiny refrigerator that makes this workable! Ireland does sometimes get underfoot (as she does in broad daylight!) but she recovers quickly.

I hope you're able to get some pancreatitis answers today so you can get cricket started on some helpful treatments!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P.S. Autofeeders work really well for lots of cats. We tried that with ours and it worked beautifully for a while... but then they started to maul it!