Why is my cat shaking her paw?

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

My cat was playing normally today then suddenly she started shaking her front leg and could not walk on it for a second and start licking for 3-4 mins. Then continued walking normally, she didn’t do it again now she seems fine. I accidentally catch it on video uploaded it to youtube 25 March 2024

Does anyone have an idea why she does that? Can it be an injury? I am concerned

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, when I clicked on the youtube link it said, "video unavailable." Has she ever started shaking her front leg before? If she's acting normal, as you said now, then I'd just keep an eye on her paw and if it happens again give your vet a call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, when I clicked on the youtube link it said, "video unavailable." Has she ever started shaking her front leg before? If she's acting normal, as you said now, then I'd just keep an eye on her paw and if it happens again give your vet a call.
Hi, sorry here is the new link 25 March 2024
that’s the first time Im noticing this but she is scottish, known to have joint issues, so I was concerned immediately:( but she is walking normally now

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the new video. I watched it several times and noticed she turns her paw outward just as she's crossing the threshold where the carpet meets the floor. Is it possible she tripped slightly? I'm glad she's walking normal now. I'd suggest keeping an eye on her in case it happens again. You can also send your vet the video and ask their opinion.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi B Betuncay and welcome to the forum !

Now, the second link to your video doesn't work! Provides same result as #1: "This video has been removed by the uploader".

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes my cat does that when he steps in something wet. Then he is like "must clean now" He shakes it to get excess water off.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't access the video either. :(