Why I'm a Cat Person

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Yeah - no
(no pun intended!): I suffer from it too (more TMI!).

~KK~
My apologies to everyone for making the above statement.
I broke some TCS rules, and wish to correct my mistake.
It will not happen again.

KittKatt

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love dogs but I am a cat person. Maybe that would have been different if I were allowed a dog as a kid, who knows. I've thought about getting a dog in the future but they just seem so needy. Cats are laid back and don't care.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoBlue

I have...dogs and while I do love them...the do try my patience and my cats are my "tranqulizers"....
The opposite is true for me. Jaedi and KittyGurl are tornados, always into everything and very "in your face." (Jaedi in particular.) At 7 & 12 lbs they somehow manage to take up more space than my 100lb GSD. Simon's my angel.

Wouldn't trade any of the for the world though.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I love dogs but I am a cat person. Maybe that would have been different if I were allowed a dog as a kid, who knows.
We had dogs while I was growing up (my dad raised & bred German Shepards), but I'm still a cat lover.
I have to admit, though, I DO love German Shepards, and they would be my choice for a dog if we ever get one again (which we plan on doing!).
We had a Chihuahua (sp?) about a year & a half ago, but the poor guy caught Parvo, and we had to have him PTS.
I have to admit, it broke my heart, b/c I really got attached to the little guy.
He was so cute, and so much fun: he & Winchester used to be playbuddies, and would crack us up with their antics!
But that's another story...

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoBlue

Rules or not...you made me giggle with your pun! *snicker*
Well, I like to make people laugh, but in this case, I reckon it wasn't appropriate..

~KK~

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Dogs slobber all over you
- cats don't!
Would you like to tell Tomas that? I'd really appreciate it if I didn't get slobbery cat face rubbed in my face to wake me up.
You can train a cat to use the litterbox, but dogs do their business all over the yard, and you end up stepping in it.
Outdoor cats... they make sure to camouflage it with some loose grass too.
Dogs usually have an icky smell about them
Again, do you want to tell Tomas that?
Though his smell is gas.

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan

My least favorite thing about dogs is that I can't prevent my neighbors from owning them.
I would have to agree with this statement. I'm currently dealing with the neighbor's too smart little terrier mix that keeps getting in our fence (she's can wiggle between the gate and post) and in our garage. They make no attempt to keep her contained at all.
And I'm not even going to go over there after what I heard the guy screaming the other day.

I don't mind dogs - my parents always had dogs while I was growing up, but I tend not to like other peoples dogs. I do prefer cats though and at this time we can't have any dogs.

I miss the little cur mix I had before my parents separated. She was incredibly smart and listened perfectly. When my parents separated I went to live with my mom for a year and couldn't take her with me, unfortunately my dad allowed her to run. He said she got parvo... but I believe she likely got into some poison.