Why I haven't been around...(or dealing with diagnosis)

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I know how tough it is for you right now. The steroids are no fun, and the treatment options are confusing. While none of them sound like a particularly good deal, the bright side is that there are at least some options...20 years ago they had nothing...and they're making breakthroughs in MS every day.

Hang in there, and remember that we're always going to be here for you whenever you need us.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will admit that I didn't read through all the posts but I hope that my reply catches your attention *valanhb*

My mom's old best friend was diagnosed with MS at age 30 I believe. She went through all sorts of treatments and at times you would never have guessed she had MS--at other times she was in a wheelchair. Kim (my mom's friend) is s single mother of three (25, 23, 20). In 1996 she made the decision to move from Ohio to Florida--because her doctors told her her symptoms might not be so bad without a drastic change in weather constantly affecting her.

Kim rarely let MS slow her down but right before she left for Florida her doctor's told her she wouldn't see her youngest son graduate high school.

Things were going well for Kim in Florida and in 2005 she went in for some of her annual tests. The doctor's found NO trace of MS. She had all sorts of scans and literally the MS is gone. The doctor's can't explain what happened, how the MS is gone, but it is.

I don't know if you are a believer, but I am firm believer in the Lord. I also firmly believe that God healed Kim, because she needed to be here (she's a very special woman).

I will keep you in my prayers and I just want you to keep your chin up. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Leslie

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, you know you can count on your friends here for moral support, to lend an ear when you need to vent, or a shoulder to cry on.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many vibes and prayers heading your way sweetheart! Keep your chin up and stay positive- there are soo many incredable people out there who have MS but are still able to lead a wonderfully fufilling lives...i have no doubt that you are going to be strong and deal with this head on. I'm sure your doctors will also be a great source of support for you as you decide which treatment is appropriate
Good luck hon- we are all here for you!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I've missed you
and have been keeping you in my thoughts Heidi. I know you've been dealing with a lot so wanted to give you your space. You know my PM box is always open.
What she said Heidi, goes double for me.
Take care of yourself-

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with all the others in wishing you long periods of remission!

I also have a friend with MS who's father happens to be a medical research doctor. He was able to get him the latest drugs, which put him instantly in remission. There are very good medications available these days. Keep working with your doctor to find the mix that works for you!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this... ditto to the good words and vibes from everyone else!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for this to have happened to you, but I know you are much stronger than any mere disease. Here's to a long, healthy remission and successful treatments.
- from Zissou and
-from me

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi

.... and remember you have alot of extra support ///

diagnosis can be the hardest day in the life of disease and disorder

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Heidi!
Sorry that you have to go through all this! You are in my prayers.

I am not all that familiar with MS. I do know one man who has it. I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't told me and I have known him for 15 years. He must be in remission for a long time already.

I feel that you will have a lot of success fighting this. You are an incredibly strong woman.