Why Does This Stuff Still Surprise Me

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Thanks guys. I do understand what strange wings is saying. Though i try not to prejudge people, I'm human so it may happen. That's why i stepped back, vented a little and came to you guys for opinions. I think I expect people who have cats to treat them like the little treasures they are. I'm such a doting cat lover that I always knew where my cats were. I've had a cooling off period now so i won't be nasty to her when we talk.
I'm glad you got what I meant. I don't want you to make enemies.
Especially not with a neighbor... that can get scary!
Good luck visiting with her later.

And no, my reference to some posts in other threads had nothing to do with you at all. The latest of which I don't even think you posted in for that matter.

And yes, it frustrates me that I take cat care more seriously than many others around here (my town, not the forum) do. Case in point: I consider my insurance agent to be a nice woman, but she didn't even think once that her cat suddenly peeing outside of the litter box could be a health issue and a serious one for a boy cat. I even managed not to cringe when she said he was declawed and she put him outside.

Others don't think the way we do.
Another example from people on here: Individuals not providing their turtles with the same degree of care as their cats! I could call them terrible people but for most it's ignorance and not intentional neglect.

Often times reading up or joining a interest group in a topic/subject can spur their interest and the degree to which they dedicate themselves to it. Hence why I suggested inviting her here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
update: My neighbor got home at about 1:30am this morning. I heard a little tapping at my door. She was very apologetic and happy that Sophie was safe. She had no idea that she had slipped out. I told her I understood and that I thought it would be better if I brought Sophie inside with me. It wasn't any trouble, I was glad to do it. I also told her that if she ever needed anyone to watch her while she was gone I'd be happy to do it. So there you go...I made a friend who is another cat-lover, how great is that?
I also commended her for saving Sophie little life in that ice storm!! I guess she was up in a tree in our back yard crying and my neighbor had to climb the tree to get her. Slippin' and slidin' all the way.
So just wanted to let you all know Sophie is in good hands and I appreciate all the advice--thanks guys!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl, I"m happy things went so well with your neighbor. Obviously, you were right to 'rescue' Sophie from the hallway; she would have been without food or water (or a bathroom) for quite a while. Sounds like a happy ending

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm really glad you made a friend! Sounds like you had a pleasant morning with Sophie, too. (My name's Sophie too. Lol.) Hopefully you can feel more confident in Sophie's wellbeing knowing that her owner knows that you care and that you know what you're talking about.

She sounds like a courageous lady- climbing a tree in an icestorm to rescue the kitten. What a story, too!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheryl, I would have done the same thing bringing Sophie in my apartment. You could not have left her out in the hallway. It sounds like your neighbor felt bad about Sophie being left. I hope you can be friends and I hope she does stop letting Sophie loose in the hallway. If Sophie slipped out yesterday, she could do it again since she is used to be allowed in the hallway. Hopefully you can discourage your neighbor from doing this. I think it is unsafe to just leave your apartment door open like that, but that is just me.....
. Glad it all turned out fine for Sophie and thank goodness you live there to help the kitty