why does Rukus only like Fancy Feast?

97guns

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i cant figure this cat out, he loves dry food but ive tried almost every brand of canned food out there and he will only lick at the juices but not eat the food. yesterday i bought him a can of fancy feast and he ate the whole can.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland LOVES Fancy Feast. I get it for her on kind of a "treat" basis... Since she had her teeth pulled she gets wet food 2X a day, and a quarter cup of dry food to "free feed" each day. She is so dang picky, though, I cannot give her anything that is "pate" style, it has to be chunks and gravy.

I'm on a limited budget right now, so I do what I can. I get Fancy Feast when it's on sale, but otherwise I give Holland Friskies seafood/poultry. She's never been much of a beef fan...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fancy Feast is affectionately named "kitty crack" by some of the members here. It's not a high quality food (actually has a lot of junk in it), but many cats absolutely adore it.

I guess another way to look at your question: why do some people love junk food when nutricious food is available?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of FF? Some of them are not too bad.... I only use some of the "classic" varieties which are pates... no soy,wheat or corn in those.

Yeah - kitty crack is right. It is my go-to when a cat won't eat wet. That and Meow Mix Market Selects. There is something about FF ... don't know ... but practically to a cat- they adore it.

Have you tried Petsmart's house brand - Authority? It's pretty good and they upgraded it somewhat... my boys adore the catfish recipe.

They also like Nutro Max Cat turkey and chicken pate style and all flavors of the chunks and gravy - tho' only half of the cats actually eat the pieces.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

97guns

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ill have to try it, thanks

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Holland LOVES Fancy Feast. I get it for her on kind of a "treat" basis... Since she had her teeth pulled she gets wet food 2X a day, and a quarter cup of dry food to "free feed" each day. She is so dang picky, though, I cannot give her anything that is "pate" style, it has to be chunks and gravy.

I'm on a limited budget right now, so I do what I can. I get Fancy Feast when it's on sale, but otherwise I give Holland Friskies seafood/poultry. She's never been much of a beef fan...
Sorry 97guns but this isn't probably going to help. Anyway, Jazzy is just like your Holland, Mystik Spiral! She LOVES Fancy Feast and Dine Desire. She only gets one meal a day though.

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.