Why does my cat stare at me?

tigerclaw67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank goodness that my cats are not the only ones that have a staring problem!  Reading the other post help me to understand my cats behavior better.  I have two black bombay girl cats that I got as rescue cats,they were only 8 weeks old (I just could not resist them being so young in a shelter) and we have been a family ever since!  They both stare at me and watch where I walk and one of them is my bathroom buddie and she leads the way like she knows I have to go!  Glad to know they are not weird, they just love me and the feeling are mutual!

meruumeruu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be interested in what you're doing, or wanting to keep an eye on you, or sending you love from afar. Does she blink at you(aka kitty kisses), or is it just a deadpan stare? I have a cat who seems to stare at everything. His eyes are just always wide, she may have the same problem?

At least she's staring at you, my old cat used to stare at a certain lamp we had, and she was very twitchy when she did. Occasionally her fur would puff up or she'd growl/hiss. Eventually we got rid of the lamp....it never happened with any other furniture. 4

mfm0509

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cat loves you if he is staring at you. Unconditionally. Mines stares at me all the time. I am not creeped out I love my baby.I adopted him from the shelter and he is so spoiled rotten.To hear my family and friends tell it.