Why does my cat like Rad Cat's chicken so much better than my own chicken recipe?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

More good news.  I will stock up on some when we are back in Dallas/Fort Worth in October as we will have access to a ton of pet/specialty pet store foods.
Definitely compare the prices... I don't remember the exact number but there were significant price differences ($3-4/large tub) at our local stores. Good luck!

monkeymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like LTS3's cats, mine won't touch Rad Cat either or Vital Essentials. I tried the tiny teaspoon samples the local natural pet store offered, and my boy took one inquisitive nibble from a duck flavor and that was it. It was not encouraging for switching to raw! But I stuck with it, and it turned out they liked the homemade stuff better.

I will say that the source of the meats and/or grind texture could be why the OPs cat like RC better. I've been playing around with different vendors for meat/organ/bone grinds, and have noticed a dramatic difference in my cats' preferences for the same type of meat from different sources. It's been a struggle to get through the case I have now, and it's good stuff! Quail, duck, rabbit, guinea hen, turkey etc.I have been mixing it with the cheaper, local turkey grind, which they love, to get through.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great news on the first try of Rad Cat, at least for our older boy - he would barely let me get the container open before he was trying to get into it. Since neither boys have ever had it, I only let Si have a full teaspoon of it, but he gobbled his and his little brothers trial portion down like he's eaten it forever. Very happy about that.

I don't think Monty is hungry right now. He smelled his portion and walked away but I will try again as Monty is the one who needs to lose two pounds & I was hoping the Rad Cat would help in that department.