Why does my cat have pimples in her mouth?

Slayyrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 3 year old cat has had these tiny red pimple like bumps in the back of her mouth for over 2 years now. I remember first seeing them in her mouth around May 2017 when she was like 10 months old. I thought they would go away but they've been there since. I've taken her to the vet many times since then but they haven't checked her mouth because she gets extremely aggressive with the vet & starts attacking. They also seem to disappear and move location if that makes sense. Like sometimes she'll have 3 little bumps on the right side and the next time she'll have 6 in there.
At first I thought maybe it's something all cats have but I got another cat 1 year ago and she doesn't have those pimples in her mouth.
What could it be? It's been a while and she seems perfectly fine but it does concern me now.
I provided a picture and circled the little bumps. Sorry it's blurry, it was the best I could get because she wouldn't stay still.

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of things that can cause the bumps. Everything from a virus to dental conditions and a lot of things in between. Any other symptoms? My best suggestion is to get the photos to the vet and keep trying to get more photos. Make a list of any symptoms you notice. Things like sensitivity when eating hard food, is poop normal, does she prefer soft food over hard food, does she seem overly tired, etc. take the list and photos (or send them/text) to the vet and express that it is a concern to you. While we always prefer to avoid giving medicine to a cat, if the vet feels it is warranted, the kitty can be given something to calm her for a mouth exam. Oral exams are very important since kitties can have dental issues just like humans. Hopefully it’s just a minor irritation but it’s always better to get the vet to check. If nothing else, you will have your mind at ease knowing you have been thorough with her care.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call your vet and say what the issue is. Then tell them that she gets very aggressive when they try to look in her mouth. Since you are an established client they should be able to prescribe a mild sedative to have on board before coming in. Usually gabapentin helps. You give it about 90 min before coming in. At least try this. There is no reason your vet can't address your concerns safely.