Why does my cat have Diarrhea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie13501999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At 8 weeks they are due for their first set of kitten shots. Are you going to take them in soon because you can ask the vet about a probiotic or something to help settle her stomach a bit. Milk is rarely good for cats and most are lactose intolerant. It isn't natural for them to drink milk. It can take quite a few days for her stomach to settle. But what I also am curious about is if you just dewormed her with a general dewormer or did you actually have the vet check a fecal sample for parasites? There are so many critters a kitten could have that aren't covered in a broad spectrum dewormer even. When you take them into the vet for their first shots (soon!) take a small stool sample and have them run a fecal test with giardia. Then you will know for sure there are no parasites that need to be dealt with.
She had a vet visit before I got her, and I’ve already taken them both to the vet for their shots a few days ago.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh excellent! Did you take in a fecal as well? You could always drop one off to have it checked out. If she is still having diarrhea call up the vet and ask if there is anything you can do, they will probably want to check a fecal though. Keep an eye on things and if not now, take a fecal with you in 3-4 weeks when booster vaccines are due.