why does my cat do this?

kitkat81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What she does right before she goes poop is

Runs around the house and Im talking through the living room then through the kitchen then downstairs and back up for another tour around the living room then goes to her litter box and goes poop.Then when she's done, takes off back downstairs and hides behind the water heater for about 20 minutes,lol

Why does she do this?,lol Its funny to see but there has to be a reason why?
and its not like she does it once in a while, its every time she goes.

Even when we were in a apartment a few years ago before we bought the house she did it, but hid under the kitchen then. Its even more funny when your downstairs because it sounds like a small horse running upstairs.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why, but Cindy races around the house afterward for a couple minutes. You always know when she's been in the litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkat81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I still laugh every time,lol. When she goes down the stairs I swear she misses half of them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After Punkin poops, he leaves the litter box like a streak all the way to the other end of the house.

Silly cats.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the years, I've noticed that a lot of cats like to announce that they are going to poop, and some of them just make a big show of it.

Cats are very strange, that's why I love em.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you  feel a tiny bit relieved/excited when you poop? Dunno, I know i love it lol-- I can only fathom cats feel the same way- success, relief, and excitement. Who knew

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha.. OMG.. at least I know my cat isn't weird now... Esme streaks around the house after she poops too! Naku seems to be doing it now too.. I guess trying to be like his big sis. Lol