Why does he paw his water?

magicalanimal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My blackjack does this exact same thing. He would always be tipping his water over and would never just drink from the water bowl normally, he was always dipping his paw in and then licking the paw to get the water. I believe it is the running water theory because he would always wait outside the bathroom door if we were showering to go in their and drink from the tub when we were done. Now we don't even fill a water bowl for him, we just always leave the sink running a small bit and he drinks from the sink.. I think this is his favorite

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Leopold paws at the water, but after that he drinks from the bowl. I noticed if he doesn't "paw" it first, he sticks his nose into the water and it makes him sneeze. It kind of looks like he's checking the level of it.
my wally does this too. i always wondered about it.

carriedee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats used to do this, lol, but not just at his water dish. He'd make a water mess in the sinks, the tub, and the toilet. He even used to jump in the shower with me! He just loved water! My mother bought me a pet fountain and I had to take it away because he used to tear it apart and water would be spewing everywhere! Crazy cat!