Why Do You "tcs"? =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious as to how some of the regular or semi-regular posters here stumbled across/found TCS, and why they decided to hang out here and offer advice/support/knowledge.
Any internet forum sees posters come, ask for advice, get advice, and either graciously thank those who helped and then disappear...and some ask for advice and never re-appear!!
Did you find TCS and think that's where you want to hang out, or did you come here (as I did) with boatloads of questions and decide it was a nice place to hang out? Is your motive learning more, offering help to those in need, or both? Lots of people have been here for years...share your stories!!
Just curious =)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I came here because I just love these little guys! I love the way they look, their individual personalities, and even all the little sounds they make! They're great companions and great treasures, and I can't imagine what I'd do without them in my Life. I just love The Chicken Site!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came here looking for answers originally also. I had just adopted my first cat and he had a health issue which I needed help with. Stayed for the community most definitely. Eventually became a moderator for a year or so until my work schedule made it too difficult. I'm not around now as much as I used to be but like to pop in a few times a week to at least answer the daily question and keep tabs on things. I also actively promote the site to friends, co-workers and family. The more the merrier!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I’m fairly new, but I originally joined a different forum for help with our cat integration (we are on month 6. Yay.) It was my first one and we were having a lot of trouble and stress. Then I started looking up a lot of other things I wanted help with (Trin’s panic yowls, switching to wet food) and I stumbled across this site. The community is great, and I can pass on my own limited knowledge and learn from other people’s issues and possible solutions. It’s how I learned about calming collars, and lots of other tips and tricks that have helped me improve my cat game. Plus it’s more fun than reading the news.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I was looking up issues with elderly cats and gaining knowledge plus the yahoo groups seemed to be fizzling out so I wanted a more user friendly site where it's not email since my email is hit or miss.

I grown to love many of the folks here and we support one another like a big family. And the CATS. Cats!

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I registered here a lot quicker than most forums I belong to. I could tell this place had a great mix of funny, smart, quirky people. That's the kind of people I'm drawn to in real life. It was easy to feel comfortable here.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love cats, and when I got one after 20 years without pets, I got on the Internet, and the Cat Site came up on Google or through a link; I don't remember. But I learned so many things about cats that I didn't know before, and I've just hung around. It's wonderful to talk about our cats. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That was Mingo walking across the keyboard. My people friends just roll their eyes.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm curious as to how some of the regular or semi-regular posters here stumbled across/found TCS, and why they decided to hang out here and offer advice/support/knowledge.
Any internet forum sees posters come, ask for advice, get advice, and either graciously thank those who helped and then disappear...and some ask for advice and never re-appear!!
Did you find TCS and think that's where you want to hang out, or did you come here (as I did) with boatloads of questions and decide it was a nice place to hang out? Is your motive learning more, offering help to those in need, or both? Lots of people have been here for years...share your stories!!
Just curious =)
I found TCS when I was searching for help socializing a feral that I had brought in I got great and useful advice and started reading other forums. I don't have time to visit too often but I check in now and then to see what is going on I love that sometimes I can give advice. I like this forum for fun . My only problem is that I start reading 1 thread and 2 hours later I am still here.
I love being able to talk with other cat lovers. I know enough to recognize that the comments and advice are solid. This is a great site for cat lovers.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I came across the site because every question I typed in on googles about my cat problems/questions led me here. I found myself reading through a bunch of threads and thoroughly enjoy reading the conversations and advice and funny moments that are on here. Everyone on this site is so kind, informative, supportive and funny. And most of the people I know "aren't cat people":agreedisagree:
so I can't really share my funny stories or cute pictures with them either because well they just don't care. I love coming on this site and trying to help other people out or just read about the amazing things some people on here do for cats.

It's a great place :) I catch my mom browsing through the site now too!